The road is a wonderful place to be, but every once in a while there are bumps along the way. As hard as we fight against this, there’s always that small chance that a renter might cause damage to your RV. If this happens to you, our dedicated claims team will be here to help you get the damage covered and your RV back on the road in a flash.
How do I start a claim?
- Login to your Outdoorsy Owner Dashboard
- Visit the “Booking Details” page
- Scroll down to the “Protection” section
- Click “Start Your Claim”
- A member of our claims team will reach out to you
Note: Claims must be submitted within 48 hours following the end of the booking.
What documents do I need to file a claim?
For your claim to be complete, we require the following be submitted:
- Pre-trip and post-trip photos
- Your most recent 90-day inspection form
- Completed and signed renter/departure forms for your RV type
What happens after I file a claim?
Our claims process will generally unfold in the following way:
- Gathering Information — Our claims team will ask for any other pertinent information to move forward with your claim. This includes a statement from your renter, any other evidence that is required, and proof of ownership (e.g., registration, title).
- The Estimate — While our claims team is gathering information, our appraisal team at RVBetter will do the heavy lifting for you. They’ll contact you within 24 hours of filing your claim to get photos of your rig, including the damage, and usually complete the estimate within 3-4 hours of getting these pictures. We’ll be in touch once we complete step 3.
- Confirming Coverage — We’re almost there! Your adjuster will review the statements, documents, photos, estimate, and all other necessary information to confirm it’s a covered loss. You can find the policy language here.
- Payment — Hate waiting for a check? We make claim settlements a breeze with direct deposits. We’ll notify you via email once your payment is ready. Simply follow the instructions to enter your bank information, and it’ll arrive within 24-48 hours.
- Closing the Loop — Once you have payment in hand, we’ll charge the renter their deductible and handle any other outstanding issues that might be present (e.g., if a third party is involved). Feel free to take your estimate and payment to any shop of choice to get the repairs started.
- Post Claim Follow Up — If your repair shop requests a supplement, this simply means that they need additional time and/or expense to complete the work. They can request a supplement by using the instructions on the first page of the estimate.
We know it’s never fun when your RV gets damaged. That’s why we’ve got an entire team devoted to helping you navigate the claims process so you can get back on the road ASAP.
Other helpful claims resources: