Becoming a verified driver is a crucial step when renting a vehicle through Outdoorsy. In order for your protection package to be considered valid, you must pass the driver verification first. Outdoorsy has a two-step verification process that all renters must complete. The first step is the personal identification check, which can be done as soon as you put in your request, and the second step is the risk assessment check. The risk assessment check will only be completed once the booking is confirmed and the first payment is made and will be done automatically. Once you have completed the personal identification check and you’ve made your first payment, there is nothing left for you to take care of.
The platform will prompt you to complete the first step of the verification as soon as you put your request through although you will also be given the choice to complete it at a later time. We always suggest completing the process right away so that it won’t slip your mind later!
Please complete the following steps in order to become a verified driver.
- Log into your Outdoorsy account and go over to the booking details page of your reservation.
- Scroll down to the passenger section and press on “verify ID” under your name. If you have not already inputted your birthday, you will be asked to do that as well.
- Input the country your license was issued along with your photos and press submit!
It is important to note that your photos must not be blurry or too dark in order for us to verify them.
If you would like to add additional drivers, please complete the following steps.
- After logging in to your Outdoorsy dashboard, click on the booking details page of your reservation.
- Scroll down to the passenger section and press on “add passenger.”
- Input their full name, email address, and check off that they will be driving.
Outdoorsy will send an invitation to drive to the additional driver by email that they must accept. Once they have accepted the invitation, they will need to sign into an Outdoorsy account using the email address you inputted while adding them.
The additional driver will sign into their Outdoorsy account, click on the booking details page of the reservation, and follow the same steps as listed above.