Above all, it’s important to be communicative and transparent with your renter so they know exactly what’s happening with their deposit. Here are your options:
- Hold entire security deposit: This gives you time to estimate the charges needed upon return.
- Claim entire security deposit: If charges exceed the security deposit amount, be sure to select this option. This will withhold the entire amount from the renter.
- The security deposit will auto-release if no claim is filed after 7 days. No action is needed by owner.
- If a claim is indicated within the 2-day time frame, the security deposit will be retained for 30 days instead of 7 days.
- If an owner wishes to release the deposit earlier, they can contact email@example.com or 1-877-723-7232 and Outdoorsy will release the funds.
All claims to a security deposit by the owner are subject to a 2.95% payment processing fee.
If there are variable add-ons costs or fees that need to be charged once your renter returns, follow the steps below:
- Go to the reservation page on your dashboard at https://www.outdoorsy.com/dashboardbookings
- Select the applicable reservation
- Click “Manage Security Deposit”
- Set the select amount you are charging