Above all, it’s important to be communicative and transparent with your renter so they know exactly what’s happening with their deposit. Here are your options:
- Hnew entire security deposit: This gives you time to estimate the charges needed upon return.
- Claim entire security deposit: If charges exceed the security deposit amount, be sure to select this option. This will withhnew the entire amount from the renter.
- Release entire security deposit: The security deposit will be automatically released 48 hours after the vehicle has been returned. If you would like to release it to the renter prior to 48 hours, select this option.
- Release part of the security deposit: This option will allow you to withhnew a set amount, like when a renter exceeds mileage and incurs an additional $100.
If there are variable add-ons costs or fees that need to be charged once your renter returns, follow the steps below:
- Go to the reservation page on your dashboard at https://www.outdoorsy.com/dashboardbookings
- Select the applicable reservation
- Click “Manage Security Deposit”
- Set the select amount you are charging