Above all, it’s important to be communicative and transparent with your renter so they know exactly what’s happening with their deposit. Here are your options:
- Hold entire security deposit: This gives you time to estimate the charges needed upon return.
- Claim entire security deposit: If charges exceed the security deposit amount, be sure to select this option. This will withhold the entire amount from the renter.
- Release entire security deposit: If no action has been taken, the security deposit will be automatically released 7 days after the vehicle has been returned. If you would like to release it sooner, select this option.
- Release part of the security deposit: This option will allow you to withhold a set amount and release the remaining portion of the security deposit.
All claims to a security deposit by the owner are subject to a 2.95% payment processing fee.
If there are variable add-ons costs or fees that need to be charged once your renter returns, follow the steps below:
- Go to the reservation page on your dashboard at https://www.outdoorsy.com/dashboardbookings
- Select the applicable reservation
- Click “Manage Security Deposit”
- Set the select amount you are charging