- Comprehensive Excess: £1,500 for Renter; £0 for Owner; (£5,000 total to Outdoorsy – includes the £1,500 from Renters
- Death or bodily injury to third parties – unlimited
- Damage to third party property up to a maximum of:
- £5,000,000 (excluding claimant’s costs and expenses and any other costs and expenses
- £5,000,000 for claimant’s costs and expenses and any other costs and expenses
- Liability Excess (deductible); £0
Minimum Vetting Procedures:
- All hires must sign Outdoorsy’s rental agreement
- All payments must be completed through the Outdoorsy platform
- Photograph of every hirer or CCTV installed
- DVLA licence check completed for UK domiciled individuals (including check and
verify penalty points and licence category)
- Min 2 types of verification via Passport, ID Card, Bank/Savings Book, Medical card,
Income Tax Form or Utility Bill.
Minimum Renter Requirements:
- Are aged between 25 and 75
- Hold a current, valid, full driving licence, and have done so for at least 12 months
verified by DVSA
- Will Provide hirers with vehicle familiarity training (including gas / electric / spatial
awareness (vehicle dimensions)
- Have a current permanent address as stated throughout this application, (please
note you may be asked to provide proof of residence in the event of a claim) same
address as what is show on your driving licence. See appendix 1 excluded postcodes
- Have had no more than 2 fault claims in the last 3 years
- Have had no more than 2 theft claims in the last 3 years.
- Have no more than 6 penalty points and have had no disqualifications in the last 18
- Have had no Cat C or D motoring offence in the last 3 years (see appendix 2 & 3 for
definition of Conviction Offence Codes)
- Have not been convicted in the last 5 years of any criminal offence (motor and non
motor) including any pending prosecution or police enquiry
- Have had no motoring offence in the last 6 months with the Conviction Offence Code
prefix IN or CU80
- Are not a professional sports person, member of the entertainment profession,
itinerant worker or a model.
- All potential drivers to be present at point of handover and vetting/sign off.
Minimum Motorhome Requirements:
- Is registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man
- Has a current market value of less than £100,000 (referral when value is £100k+)
- Has not been manufactured in US
- Is fully insured when not being hired (i.e. static risk)
- Factory built only with self build/DIY conversions excluded
- Includes the ability to tow 1 car or motorcycle on rear – (Links to Licence question
above). Also, unless its to be towed on a trailer, its unlikely that the hirers own car will
be fitted with a compatible ‘A’ frame to allow it to be towed.
- Is not a seized vehicle or in a police compound
- Vehicle must be registered as a Motorhome/campervan
- The only modifications we accept are: manufacturer specified optional extras fitted at the time of manufacture or catering for a disabled driver or passenger or LPG conversions (but not DIY LPG conversions)
- Maximum vehicle age 10 years
- Fully up to date service and MOT (verified) and should include evidence of IN//OUT defect reporting, maintenance regimes and recording
- Evidence of Habitation checks (gas/electric/damp/underbody (steps etc) & service records – as per industry standards and carried out by approved supplier.
- Where Sat Navs fitted are pre-programmed with vehicle dimensions if capable
- Where dash cam fitted preferably hard wired
- Preferable in Vehicle Height / Width marker/decal on dash (part of handover training).
- Vehicle must be fitted with seatbelts for ALL passengers.
- Vehicle fitted with smoke and carbon monoxide alarm and in good working order.
Minimum Use Requirements:
- Journeys must start and end in the UK (exporting is not permitted)
- No one-way hires.
- Any journey outside of UK to be referred (green card will be required)
- Basic H&S risk assessment to be completed and included as part on
induction/handover (ie exiting habitation door on vehicles with door on O\S of
vehicle), connecting gas and electric hook up cable fatigue, parking in remote places
- Maximum hire period for any single rental 30 days
- The carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward is not permitted
- Carrying of hazardous goods or use at hazardous locations are not permitted
(standard gas container allowed for recreational use)
- Is not used as a permanent place of residence
- Any claim to be reported to Aviva ASAP (within 24 hours)