The following required inspections that each vehicle must pass are:
- 90 day tire inspection (50% tread or greater at time of rental)
- 90 day brake inspection
- 90 day LP Gas inspection
- 90 day appliance inspection
- 90 day electrical system inspection
The inspection must be documented and performed by a mechanic. Good options include Jiffy Lube, Les Schwab and local RV service shops. Vehicles must be registered, in safe condition and meet all safety standards
What does this mean for the RV owner?
WIth insurance in place, RV owners are free to rent their RV to verified renters who pass a DMV background check.
Owners can download insurance ID cards in the documents section of their Outdoorsy dashboard.
What does this mean for renters?
Renters no longer need to obtain binders or separate rental insurance. After successfully booking a rental on Outdoorsy, each renter submits his or her driver’s license number. A simple DMV check verifies the renter’s identify and confirms the renter’s driving history. With a “pass” from DMV, the renter is automatically granted liability insurance coverage for the rental period.
What is the qualifying criteria for renters:
- Renters must be at least age 25
- Renters must have a valid driver’s license
- Renters must pass the DMV check (results will be either “pass” or “fail”; pass = automatic insurance).
For international renters with no U.S. driver’s license, the renter must have an international driver permit, valid passport and must pass the Outdoorsy international DMV check.