Insurance protection is available to RVs, travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, truck campers, camper vans, sports mobiles, and certified Westfalias, VW campers and vintage units. This excludes a tow vehicle unless it’s also listed on Outdoorsy and rented at the same time as the trailer. The tow vehicle must be approved for coverage separately from the trailer.
Motorized vehicles (including tow vehicles) must be year 2000 or newer to qualify for liability insurance protection. Older Westfalias and VW vans and vintage units can be covered under our Vintage Plan for both
Liability and Comprehensive & Collision. The Vintage Plan covers only $75,000 for Comprehensive & Collision.
There is no restriction on age for trailers as long as they pass their regularly scheduled mechanical safety inspections.
- Outdoorsy’s insurance policy doesn’t replace your personal insurance policy.
- Only transactions made through Outdoorsy qualify for our $1M RV liability and $250K Comprehensive & Collision insurance.
- Interior damage and losses caused by mechanical failures due to a lack of maintenance are not covered.
- Collision policy goes back as far as we elect on newer motorized vehicles, but a rate charge may apply.
- Every vehicle must pass an inspection of its tires, brakes, LP and gas within 90 days of the reservation departure. Outdoorsy’s insurers reserve the right to request these inspection documents in the case of a claim.
- Vehicles must be registered, meet all safety standards, and be certified through and listed with Outdoorsy.
- All drivers, including the primary contract signer, must be verified through the Outdoorsy DMV check.
- Our coverage does not extend to rentals entering Mexico.
- Damage as a result of vandalism during the rental period must also include a police report for submission to our claims team.