Coronavirus Note RE Refunds/Reservations:
- Our rental reservation policy is MODERATE: 75% refund up to 7 days before pickup, then 50% refundfor remaining days. Please confirm your campground availability BEFORE you reserve a camper.
- We are adding a 2 day calendar buffer between rental dates to allow our campers to air out after renters, and we are cleaning/disinfecting them THOROUGHLY.
- Due to Coronavirus, we will NOT offer our own bedding/linens/towels/pillows/mattress covers during the rental period but are asking our renters to provide -- and clean -- their own.
- Additionally, Outdoorsy has a promo code offer for 10% off any rental using the promo code SPRING10.
- I have a 5 night rental minimum.
This is Luna, our gorgeous 1987 VW Westfalia Poptop Camper.
Note for potential renters:
1. This van has a MANUAL transmission. If you don't know how to drive a manual, consider our 2003 Eurovan camper. (https://checkout.wheelbasepro.com/reserve/46190).
2. Here's a video from New Jersey Outdoor Adventures featuring a detailed tour and overview of Luna.
Luna is a highly functional off-grid mobile home. She has been painstakingly restored and tweaked for modern performance, safety and reliability. With an incredibly tight turning radius, Luna is as agile as a small car and with upgraded suspension, off-road tires she's solid and comfortable to drive anywhere.
Upgraded mechanics include:
- A dependable, modern 2.0 liter 24-valve Ford Zetec engine conversion from Bostig Engineering, which specializes in engine conversions for Vanagons. She gets around 18-21 mpg on regular unleaded gas.
- Burly BFGoodrich A/T tires and lift kit and Fox Shocks from GoWesty.
- Oversized brakes for mountain passes.
- A limited slip differential for outstanding traction.
Luna's perfect for trekking along the coast, using as a basecamp for exploring downtown Charleston, our nearby barrier islands like Folly, Morris and Isle of Palms and campgrounds like Edisto, Huntington Beach and Hunting Island. With her peppy engine, she will also easily climb up to Asheville for exploring the western North Carolina mountains. Something you’ll likely want to do during the dog days of summer -- all while traveling in air-conditioned comfort.
Basics and Features:
- 100 Watt solar panel wired into auxiliary battery. The auxiliary system runs a 600wattl sine wave inverter for interior lights, computer, whatever. Automatically charged via engine, sun or shore power.
- Pop top tent with front bug screen and a comfortable upstairs bed - roughly queen size with bug screening.
- Rear bench seat transforms instantly into a double bed.
- Complete privacy curtains for windows.
- Fans. 12V and 120V.
- Both front seats are super comfortable with adjustable armrests. They rotate to covert the van into a proper room.
- Pioneer popup monitor stereo with Apple/Android car play.
- LED interior lights.
- Three point (shoulder) seatbelts for all four seats.
- Safety inspected.
- Air conditioning.
- Rear heater.
- ARB removable fridge. Instantly detachable mounting system behind passenger seat. Keeps groceries ice-cold in or out of the van.
- Cups, bowls, plates and utensils.
- Cookware: Pots, pans, skillet, grater, strainer, measuring cups, openers, kettle, etc.
- Paper towels, toilet paper, (1 roll each) ziplocs, foil, trashbags, and other useful necessities.
- Coffee maker.
- Soap for dishes and human bodies.
- Trash can.
- Cleaning spray.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cooking oil spray.
- Lighters and matches.
- A sink with 11 gallon tank, adjustable electric pump faucet with stainless steel dish drain pan and two burner propane stove.
- 1 headlamp and 1 flashlight.
- ARB 2.5 meter square Awning. Super easy to deploy.
- Sleeping: 4 pillows, bottom sheet and sleeping bags. (if needed)
- Camp table.
- Basic toolkit.
- Camp chairs.
- External propane stove. Runs on propane bottles.
- First aid kit.
- Whisk broom.
- We can include an exterior rinse off shower.
Optional for an extra fee:
Child booster seat.
Yakima Sky Box roof box.
Bike Rack. Rear trailer hitch rack.
Camping tent - sleeps 3.
ARB zip in camping room for awning. Creates a huge extra living space off side of van.
Check my other campers - including a VW Eurovan and a vintage Shasta Airflyte at: eastcoastwestys.com