Smiles For Miles: The Fuel Friendly Park Hopper!
Smiles For Miles: The Fuel Friendly Park Hopper!
Here's more detail about my rig I call Vantasy:
2010 Mercedes Sprinter custom conversion van.
3.0 Turbo Diesel Engine. (16-20MPG)
Dual rear wheels. Fully converted and ready for adventures
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Perfect for weekend trips but also has the capability to serve as an off-grid home for two. The van was built with outdoor recreation in mind and has a large garage space with an incredible bike storage system.
- Full Size Bed. 4” memory foam mattress.
- 2 front swivel seats
- Diesel heater hidden under passenger seat.
- Fantastic Fan installed overhead kitchen
- Full size stainless sink and faucet with Shurflo electric pump system.
- Wood Butcher block countertop
- 18 Gallons of freshwater storage (12 gallons located under the sink)
- Custom kitchen unit with sliding drawers and storage
_ All pots/pans, cooking utensils, eating utensils, plates, bowls, cups, zip storage bags, cleaning supplies, paper towels
_ Sliced bread toaster
_ Smoothie blender
_ K-cup coffee maker with k-cups, creamer, truvia
_ Cooking spray
_ Spray disinfectant, hand sanitizer
_ Rechargeable lantern
_ Leveling blocks
_ Portable camp chairs (2) and table
_ Privacy tent for showering. Solar shower bag included
_ 8 x 10 camping mat
_ Portable jump starter/air compressor combo
- Stained Cedar roof and wipeable vinyl floor
- Natures head composting toilet, hidden under rear bench seat
- 32 Quart Smittybuilt Arctic DC Fridge/ Freezer
- Dimmable overhead puck lights
- Kitchen strip light
- 4 Overhead storage cabinets
- RV door grabs on all the cabinets and drawers, so they don't fly open when driving
- Bedslide 1,000lb Bike tray slider with Bike mounts through axle mounts to fit two full size mountain or road bikes.
- Plenty of open storage for all your favorite outdoor gear
- 400W solar Panel on room
- 310ah of Vmax AGM batteries located in rear of the garage
- MPPT 1000W smart inverter and charge controller
- 2200 Watt portable gas/propane generator (can remove for more storage if it will not be used)
- Goal Zero Yeti 500X portable lithium-ion charger with 50W solar panels
Vantasy is an excellent for going to the National Parks and Monuments. Here some ideas for your trip. Moab, Canyonlands and Arches are only 3.5 hours away. The Grand Tetons are 4.5 hours away. Yellowstone is less that 5.5 hours away. Glacier NP is about 10 hours away. Zion's NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Cedar Breaks National Monument are 4 hours or less. Craters of the Moon and Sunvalley Idaho are 4-5 hours away. Vantasy's location in beautiful Salt Lake City makes a ideal central location to get to the beautiful National Parks, National Monuments, Ski resorts and State Parks.
This rig is designed for boondocking and remote dry camping. However, it will do well in designated campgrounds.
Though this Sprinter is a dually, it is not a 4x4. Caution should be taken when unpaved roads
Return campervan with full tank of diesel #2 (usually GREEN handle) Avoid Biodiesel, reefer and tractor diesel. Most Chevrons, Maverick, Love's, Flying J, Sinclair stations have diesel #2.
If used, empty composting toilet of solid and liquid waste prior to returning Toilet will be fully washed and sanitized after returning.
Come and experience the outdoor world and live some Vantasy. Why motel or hotel it? Create your own adventures and see the night sky the way it was meant to be seen. Explore. Go off-th-grid. Boondock. Dry camp. Be where most people aren't. Explore in my Vantasy Rig. You will love it and get addicted.
Usually answers in less than 24 hours
Roadside assistance on every rental, plus help planning your trip or operating the RV.Learn more about Roadside Assistance
Enhance your trip with these add-ons. Available at checkout.
There’s a 3 night minimum stay
We had a great experience with Roland and his van. He gave us all the information we needed on how to use the van and great trip advices.
The van was perfect for our trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Fully equipped.
Definitely recommend it.
Great sprinter van! This was was super fun to use, and everything worked perfectly. It has all the essentials and I love that it is dog friendly. The owner was responsive and helpful with answers to any questions I had. I would definitely rent this van again!
2 Photos submitted by Bre E.
We had an amazing week in “Vantasy”! Thanks to Roland for renting this van and for some tips along the way. The bed was very comfortable and the area was roomier than expected. The driver and passenger seats were great and we were impressed by the gas mileage that the Diesel engine got. This is a great way to experience Utah. From SLC, to Moab & Arches, to Canyonlands, to Quail Creak State Park, to Zion and back to SLC. We put around 1500 miles on the van and made just as many memories along the way.
5 Photos submitted by Tony S.
Roland was great with communication and provided a video of the van and how everything works prior to us picking up the van so we would be familiar by the time we started our trip. The van seriously had everything we needed, we only had to bring ourselves, clothes, and some food.
Exact location provided after booking