Note: The vehicle in the above pics are of an older truck, that we have recently (Dec 2017) replaced with a newer and nicer 2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab! Updated pics coming soon.
Our 2010 Frontier with 3 person Tepui Kukenam rack mounted tent is a great choice for the budget minded traveler. The cabin seats 4 and has the tent mounted on a bed rack, giving you the versatility of an easy 10 minute set-up along with rack and bed space for carrying extra toys that you might rent along the way, such as kayaks, bikes, and surfboards.
NOTE: Our office is located in Hilo, on the Big Island of Hawaii. Free pick-up and drop off is available at Hilo International Airport or locations nearby. We do not offer service for Kona International Airport at this time, but there are a few options:
· Most of our customers who fly in and out of Kona rent a car one way to pick up the truck at our shop in Hilo.
· Uber/Lyft are available for under $150.00 between Kona and Hilo.
· There is one bus route that may work for you, and only costs $2.00: http://www.heleonbus.org/schedules-and-maps/kona-hilo-bus-schedule
Explore the Big Island of Hawaii on your own terms with one of our go-anywhere four wheel drive trucks, outfitted with Tepui roof top tents and all the camping gear necessary to mount your own expedition into our unique island paradise! We offer a unique alternative to the usual car+hotel package, where you spend as much time driving to the sights, as you do seeing them. With our vehicle and tent package, you pick a starting point and then keep going on your own self-guided tour! With over a dozen public and private campgrounds scattered evenly around the island, you will easily be able to explore every part of this lovely island.
Once your vacation is booked with us, you will receive a list of our up-to-date camping recommendations and we are happy to answer any questions you may have as you plan your trip
All vehicles come fully outfitted with the following items packed in plastic waterproof tubs:
Camp Kitchen Kit
• 5 gallon drinking water jug
• Two burner Coleman propane stove
• Small and large sauce pans, and 12″ frying pan
• Plates, bowls, cups, and silverware for 4 people.
• Cooking utensils (serving spoons, spatula, tongs, etc.)
• Melitta coffee filter cone, with filters
• Two coffee cups
• Cutting board
• Measuring cup
• Can opener
• Liquid dish soap
• Dish tub
• Dish towels
• Fitted and flat sheet set for tent mattress
• 2 pillows, with cases
• 2 blankets or sleeping bags
• 2 hand towels
• 2 beach towels
( extras of the above items are available upon request)
• Folding camp chairs
• Folding camp table