Hi, my name is Matt, owner of Mighty Vans and you should rent the Falcon - my custom built campervan!
Let me tell you, there are few things in life better than adventuring all day, and then pulling into a beautiful remote campsite in the desert or mountains with a gorgeous view, cracking open a couple cold beers/sodas/seltzers, making a delicious dinner with fresh ingredients and eating in front of an incredible sunset view, before turning in for the night on a pillowsoft mattress and getting an amazing night's sleep. This can be you when you rent my custom adventuremobile campervan!
The Falcon is light and spacious and is perfectly set up for two travelers (or three with an extra roll-up foam mattress that fits on the floor). It has a comfy memory foam queen bed, full kitchen, comfy dinette and plenty of seating, easy to drive, and 6'3" interior headroom so even tall guys can stand comfortably.
I built out the interior myself, so it's full of charm and character, and is well built and durable, not like those sterile assembly-line RVs full of plastic, formica, and particle board.
Here are some of the features:
- Spacious interior: The Falcon is over a foot wider than most campervans, so it doesn't feel cramped at all. Its wide aisle makes it easy for two people to move around and not feel like they are constantly in each other's way like many narrower vans.
- Ideal size: It's big enough to be super-comfortable, but not so big that it's awkward or hard to drive, and it gets good miles per gallon so you can see more without paying an arm and a leg for gas.
- Standing-height: 6'3" inch headroom - very comfortable for a camper van - no ducking or banging your head.
- Light and open: the big windows and the fact that I didn't build in anything taller than counter-height means that the van feels big, spacious, and full of light. It's not a dingy cave like a lot of vans people have.
- Super comfy memory foam mattress: I just bought a new queen (not a full - an actual queen) dual density memory foam mattress, and I kinda wish I had put it on my bed in my house instead of in the van it's so comfy. You'll get fantastic sleep in this bed for sure. Clean luxury sheets, blanket, and two pillows included for free!
- Great kitchen: nice two burner propane stove, sink that's big enough to actually use, big cutting board, and nice sized solar-powered fridge. Full set of pots/pans, plus plates, bowls, cups, knives, silverware, drip coffee maker, all included for free. 28-gallon stainless steel water storage for drinking/washing. If you like eating good food even when you're out camping, you're going to love having a full kitchen.
- Comfortable booth seating: Drinking some coffee/tea and eating a delicious breakfast in the booth as the sun streams in the windows and warms the inside of the van is an experience you won't soon forget.
- Three big solar panels on the roof power the fridge, water pump for the faucet, lights, roof vent fan, and stereo - you'll never have to worry about running out of power, or fiddle with running a noisy, smelly generator. There are 12v "cigarette lighter" style outlets all over the place, and 6 USB plugs to charge your phones/cameras/devices. The stereo has a headphone cable so you can plug in and play music from your phone/tablet.
- Plenty of easily-accessible storage for your gear/clothes and any adventuring equipment you need. I also provide a couple camp chairs for relaxing outside or sitting by the campfire roasting marshmallows.
- Roof vent fan that helps pull air through the van to keep it a comfortable temperature. The fan is quiet and has a cover that can be left open even if there's a chance of rain, so you never need to worry.
- Dash AC for while you are driving - no AC when the engine is off. Dash heat while you're driving - no heater while the engine is off (you won't need it though - the van is very comfy even on cold nights!)
- No permanent bathroom, however, I can add a groover style portapotty if you request it - just send me a message. Most people never actually need a bathroom in the van and not having it gives you so much more space, but many like having a port-a-potty just as a backup option.
- I'm flexible on pickup/dropoff time. Just let me know and we'll work a schedule out.
Rules of the road: Please return the van clean, like you receive it. If the van needs cleaning, you will be billed $50/hr for cleaning taken from your security deposit. No smoking inside the van, or next to the door. Also, keep campfire smoke out of the van as well. If the van is returned smelling of smoke, regardless of source, you will be charged a significant cleaning fee. The van does not have SUV-height clearance. Its clearance is more similar to a mini-van. It is fine on well-graded dirt/gravel roads, but cannot be taken on rougher roads that are required to get to some trailheads/locations.
Let me know if you have any questions or particular needs and I will be happy to answer! I also have spent extensive time traveling around Utah and the American West, so if you have questions about places to go/things to see, I'm happy to give you recommendations and even point you to a couple of my favorite remote campsites. :-)