We love to help.

We love to help.

Do I have to pay taxes on what I earn with Outdoorsy?

The IRS requires Outdoorsy to send out 1099-K forms to every owner who uses our service and makes 200+ transactions and $20,000 or more in a calendar year. This means that a large number of our owners are going to get one of these babies in the mail. If you’re one of the lucky recipients of this form, be sure to include it when filing your taxes.

It is important to note that those who don’t receive a 1099-K may still need to pay taxes on their earnings. Outdoorsy will provide you with an electronic statement, located in our Outdoorsy account, showing your total rental income earned. 

Note on Sales Tax: 

Tax rates vary widely by state and locality. Depending on which state your RV lives in, Outdoorsy may be required to collect state sales taxes on your behalf. In this case, Outdoorsy will calculate, collect, and file those taxes. If it is not required in your state, you may still choose to charge sales tax on your rentals. 

For more information, check out our sales tax FAQ.