If you think peanut butter and jelly is a boring recipe, think again. This National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, we’re coming to you with 3 fun ways to PB&J on your RV trip and beyond.
From the trail to the campfire, you’ll be energized and eating well!
PB&J granola bars
If you’re hitting the trails or the road, these granola bars are for you!
To make 6 PB&J bars, all you need is:
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup jam
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
Make your favorite snack in 10 easy steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread your rolled oats on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes for an even toast.
- Set the oats aside while you heat jam, peanut butter, sugar, oil, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Let the ingredients simmer while you stir for about 3 minutes then add your toasted oats.
- Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture onto a lined 9×5 loaf pan and sprinkle peanuts on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the bars are golden brown, take them out and let them cool.
- After they’ve cooled, cut into trail-sized snacks and enjoy!
If your RV doesn’t have a full kitchen, don’t fret! You can make these before you go and pack them for the road.
PB&J overnight oats
Need a quick and easy breakfast on your road trip? Overnight oats are the way to go.
These overnight oats take only 5 minutes to make and are gluten-free, vegan, and made with only 6 ingredients:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon jelly (or fruit preserves)
When I said this recipe was quick and easy, I meant it. All you have to do is:
- Mix oats, almond milk, chia seeds, syrup, and peanut butter in a mason jar or glass Tupperware.
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight (or for at least two hours).
- When you’re ready to eat, swirl in your jelly or preserves!
Breakfast is served!
Time for sweet treat! Gather around the campfire for a tasty twist on the traditional s’more.
You only need three things:
To make this decadent s’more:
- Cut the peanut butter cups in half so that the peanut butter is showing on both sides.
- Toast your marshmallows to your liking over the campfire.
- Layer graham cracker, peanut butter cup, marshmallow, peanut butter cup, graham cracker (or any other variation).
- Let the s’mores sit to let the chocolate melt a bi then dig in!
Caution: You’ll want more than one!
More ways to PB&J
Don’t get me wrong, the classic PB&J is still a delicious camp meal, but there are so many ways to PB&J! Why not throw on the early 2000s classic hit, “Peanut Butter Jelly Time,” and try a new recipe?
Happy National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!