Team Outdoorsy
by Team Outdoorsy
Posted April 5, 2017

Editor’s note: This is the second in a three-part series about Stella and Flore, two twenty-something sisters who embarked on an epic, van-powered journey from California to Canada. The parts tells the journey as Europeans crossing the US border into Canada. 

The prospect of driving from one country into a neighboring one can be a bit daunting, especially for those on their very first Class B RV road trip. And that’s exactly the situation in which Stella and Flore found themselves. But, as they soon found out, it isn’t difficult at all — as long as you’re prepared ahead of time.

Class B
Photo Credit: Flore Diamant

They first expected they would have to grab a couple plane tickets to get from the US to Canada. But was happy to learn there was no need for plane tickets and they could drive their Class B from the California coast and road-trip into Canada. It was just a matter of learning the details.

“We needed a letter from the owner, stating he was allowing us to go to Canada with his van,” Stella says. “Without it we would have been in trouble! But, as long as you have a valid visa (or passport) and an authorization from the owner it’s fine.” (For more information about crossing from the U.S. into Canada, check out this comprehensive list.)

Canada gave the sisters unforgettable camping experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.

Class B
Photo Credit: Flore Diamant

Read the other parts!

Part 1: Two Girls, One Sweet Class B RV

Part III: Advice from Two Girls Who Rented a Sweet Class B RV 

This post was originally published on Nov 22, 2015 and updated on April 5, 2017.

Team Outdoorsy


Ready to get started.

Be the first to get doses of destination inspiration, and discount codes.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our privacy policy