We’ve got you.
Enjoy the most trusted RV rental insurance – from the most trusted marketplace
What makes us the most trusted?
- Deep experience – Over 4.5 million booked rental days and counting
- More physical damage protection – No other platform offers up to $1 million in physical damage protection with each rental
- Real people here to help 24/7 – Experts are here for you 24/7 with services like Roadside Assistance
- Our insurance is backed by the best – We partner with the world’s best insurance companies for your protection, including Assurant, Lloyd’s of London, Aviva, and Generali.
For our renters
Rent with confidence with Outdoorsy. Should an accident happen, trust that Outdoorsy’s rental insurance has the protection you’ll need. We’ve crafted comprehensive packages for you to choose from using data from over 4.5 million booked travel days. This helps ensure you’re covered for the most common situations. From fender benders to getting a tow, we’ve got you.
We also include Roadside Assistance and 24/7 live customer support with each package:
This covers towing to the nearest repair facility, jump-starts in case your battery is drained, mobile tire changing (does not include tire replacement itself), locksmith and lockout service, delivery of fuel and emergency fluids, and mobile mechanic dispatching.
24/7 live Outdoorsy customer support
This is available for timely, empathetic help to all our RV renters on the platform. This team answers and responds to every phone call and message and finds solutions when you need them most. Got a question? They’re your people. Call us at 1-877-723-7232, chat with us on outdoorsy.com, or email us at email@example.com
Choosing one of these insurance packages is required to book your Outdoorsy trip, as auto or home policies typically don’t cover RV rentals. Packages shown are for trips in the U.S. only.
Rental insurance packages
Drivers must pass a two-step verification process, and each owner must conduct a multi-point inspection, before the start of the rental. Insurance is provided for all bookings processed on the Outdoorsy platform. Insurance is only available to valid, uncancelled bookings.
Roadside Assistance primarily provides mechanical-related services to get your RV back on the road. Renters choosing the Stationary package won’t receive Roadside Assistance as their vehicles will be stationary. Assurant is a partner for liability insurance only. Note that this insurance is void if you move the RV. * Service provided by Coach-Net
Want more protection for your trip? We also offer:
Interior Damage Protection
Safeguard your security deposit from being used to pay for accidental damages caused by you or anyone in your travel party while your RV is parked. We recommend this for trips that are long, are in luxury RVs, and that include pets or children.
Covered accidental damages can include broken appliances and electronics, damaged interior doors, stained bedding, etc.
Get reimbursed if you need to cancel or interrupt your trip due to a number of covered reasons that would otherwise cause you to lose your prepaid RV rental reservation or incur other costs. Common covered reasons include medical events, natural disasters, etc.
Common incidents covered
Find the perfect RV
Have more questions? We have more answers here:
- Insurance for trips to Canada. Trailer and park models are covered throughout the country, motorized units are covered in Quebec, Alberta, BC, and Ontario only.
For our owners
The four ways we protect RV and campervan owners from risk
- Broader insurance coverage – No other platform insures owners and their rigs, RVs, campervans, during the rental period as well as during deliveries (protection for renters begins when keys are exchanged).
- More physical damage protection – Nobody else offers up to $300,000 in physical damage protection to cover things like accidents, vandalism, and fallen trees.
- Fast claims resolution – Only Outdoorsy has an in-house claims team to get your vehicle back in service quickly should a covered mishap occur. 15% of our claims are settled within 24 hours – most are settled within 7 days.
- Real people here to help 24/7 – Get answers from our experts who are committed to helping you succeed
Worry-free renting for owners
Rent your RV with confidence with Outdoorsy’s comprehensive insurance for owners. Thousands of owners like you have trusted Outdoorsy with over 4.5 million booked rental days. Our insurance offers protection and services that usually aren’t included under other insurance policies you may have. The best part? This is all conveniently included for owners so you can focus on your business:
- Free insurance for RV owners – Your renters purchase a daily insurance package during the booking process. This provides unmatched protection for you both at no cost to you.
- We carefully screen renters for you – every renter must pass a two-part process that includes: Outdoorsy Risk Assessment, Identity check, and Driver’s license validation. Learn more.
- You set the rules – Conveniently charge from your renter’s security deposit for interior damage or if established rules are broken. Learn more.
- We’ll handle the Roadside Assistance 24/7 – Sleep better knowing your renters can call us 24/7 for services like towing and tire changes. Learn more.
Only Outdoorsy covers owners during delivery and pick-up
*Our partner Roamly offers insurance that covers owners outside of the rental period – and that allows renting
Common incidents covered
Outdoorsy was fantastic to work with through the claims process and we’re thrilled to have our Sprintervan back and looking 100%!Amy D. from Carmichael, CA
What’s covered by Outdoorsy’s rental insurance?
Helps pay for broken appliances, damaged interior doors, stained sheets, and more.
- Who pays – Owners have the ability to deduct these costs from the renter’s security deposit – learn more. If the renter has purchased interior damage protection, then you can file a claim for amounts over the security deposit – learn more.
- What isn’t covered – Repair costs above the value of your renter’s security deposit are only covered if your renter purchased our Interior Damage protection.
Covers physical damage to your vehicle during the rental
- Who pays – Outdoorsy’s insurance covers the cost of repair and parts up to the cash value of your vehicle, not to exceed $300,000. The renter is responsible for paying their deductible to Outdoorsy.
- What isn’t covered – Please see a full list of exclusions in this article.
Claims filed against you
Liability coverage protects owners like you if you’re found at fault for an incident
- Who pays – Outdoorsy’s insurance for owners includes up to $1M in liability protection for covered vehicles.
- What isn’t covered – Please see a full list of details in this article.
Your renters can call us 24/7 for services like towing and tire changes, which can save you time.
- Who pays – These services are typically covered by Outdoorsy’s Roadside Assistance coverage.
- What isn’t covered – The costs of parts and materials, such as the purchase of a replacement tire, are typically not included and are the responsibility of the renter.
Have more questions? Get more answers here:
- How do I screen renters for extra peace of mind
- Tips to prevent common incidents before they happen
- Filing a claim: What to do if my renter damages my RV?
- Want passive income? Have a local Pro manage rentals for you.
- Have an older vehicle? We’re the only site that covers vehicles older than 2000.
Own an RV? Earn $50,000 a year on Outdoorsy
List for free and rent whenever you want with renter verification and vehicle insurance options. Click here to get started.