As part of Outdoorsy’s efforts to reimagine the way people access the outdoors, we’ve added the ability for RV Owners to offer delivery and setup to RV Renters. Whether you drop off your rig at the airport, at the renter’s home, or at their final destination, the delivery and setup function offers ease and convenience to the RV Renter while adding an extra source of revenue to the RV Owner.
Outdoorsy Owners can activate the delivery feature when listing their RV. From your listing dashboard, simply navigate to Manage Vehicles > Pricing.
Insurance coverage for delivery
It’s important to remember that most, if not all, personal insurance carriers will not provide coverage for any business use, including delivery. To that end, we’re thrilled to be the first and only RV marketplace to offer insurance coverage while you are delivering your rig to your renters, giving you additional peace of mind on top of your $1M liability protection during the booking period. Here are some important details to keep in mind about delivery coverage:
- Comprehensive and Collision: Your deductible during the delivery period will match the renter’s elected deductible per their bundle (e.g. if your renter chooses the peace of mind package with a $1500 deductible, this will be your deductible should you experience a loss during a delivery for that specific booking); please note you as the owner are responsible for the deductible during the delivery period.
- Liability: Your liability coverage will match the minimum financial requirement in the state you are delivering in.
- The delivery must be the same day the booking starts in order to qualify for coverage; if you plan on delivering the night before, the booking must be extended for the extra night through Outdoorsy.
- You must be on the way to deliver your RV to your renter to qualify for coverage; this means the route directly to the delivery location without additional stops; for example, if you stop for gas along the way you would be covered from your last stop (the gas station) to the delivery location only.
- We currently do not offer coverage for the pickup period (when you pickup the RV after the trip is completed). Since the booking period is over, your personal insurance should cover you on the way home (please note that if your personal carrier denies coverage during your return home, notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org). For great coverage on the ride home, get a free insurance quote from Roamly, our preferred insurance partner.
- The delivery driver must be the listed owner in order to qualify for this coverage.