We understand that plans can sometimes change, that’s why we offer three different cancellation policies to RV owners on our platform.
As a renter, it is important to familiarize yourself with the cancellation policy for the RV you want to rent before you rent it.
What is the cancellation policy?
When you look for an RV to rent on Outdoorsy, the owner will have chosen a flexible, moderate, strict, or custom cancellation policy. You can see which cancellation policy your owner has chosen on the listing page for the RV. Once booked, you can also review the cancellation policy for your rented RV at any time in your Renter’s Dashboard under the “Booking Details” page.
These are our different cancellation policies:
- Reservation deposit (25% of full trip cost) is refundable (minus fees) if canceled more than five days prior to booking start date
- If the renter has paid in full and the booking is canceled more than five days prior to the booking start date, a full refund (minus fees) is issued
- If canceled less than five days prior to the booking start date, a partial refund of 75% of the full rental amount (minus fees) is issued, but the reservation deposit is non-refundable.
- Reservation deposit (25% of full trip cost) is non-refundable
- If the renter has paid in full and the booking is canceled more than seven days prior to the booking start date, a partial refund of 75 percent of the full rental amount (minus fees) is issued
- If canceled less than seven days prior to the booking start date, a partial refund of 50% of the total rental amount (minus fees) is issued
- Reservation deposit (50% of full trip cost) is non-refundable
- If the renter has paid in full and the booking is canceled more than 14 days prior to the booking start date, a partial refund of 50% of the full rental amount (minus fees) is issued
- If canceled and the renter has only paid the reservation deposit, no refund is issued
- If canceled less than 14 days prior to the booking start date, no refund is issued
- Some of our owners can create custom cancellation policies that will differ from the above. If your RV owner has a custom cancellation policy, you’ll see the details on the RV listing page
A 48-hour grace period after a booking is granted for renter cancellations made more than 14 days in advance. If canceled during this grace period, a full refund—including all fees—will be issued to the renter and the owner won’t receive payment.
NOTE: The Outdoorsy service fee is non-refundable, except in the event of a cancellation like the one described above or an owner cancellation.
Do I have to pay the full reservation amount when I book?
A reservation deposit is the amount you’ll pay at the time of booking. The amount of the deposit depends on the cancellation policy (see above) that the RV owner has selected.
If a booking is less than 14 days away, the reservation is charged in full. If a booking is more than 14 days away, you can choose to pay the full reservation deposit or split it into two installments.
What if I have extenuating circumstances and need to cancel?
If there is a complaint from either party or if either party feels there are unique or extenuating circumstances in their booking, Outdoorsy must be notified within 24 hours of the issue/complaint.
U.S. military service members are eligible for a full refund if their cancellation is due to them, or a family member, entering active military duty.
Outdoorsy reserves the right to have sole and absolute discretion in all cancellation amounts and disputes.
How does COVID-19 affect the Outdoorsy cancellation policy?
Because of the rapidly-evolving nature of COVID-19, we are currently unable to adapt our policies around the pandemic. Though we made exceptions in March, we must now return to our original cancellation policies put in place for the protection of our valued renters and dedicated owners.
Before booking a planned vacation or last-minute getaway, please examine the owner’s cancellation policy thoroughly and research how COVID-19 may be affecting your travel destination.
See also: Cancellation policies for owners