If you are looking for a 'real' outdoor adventure, this Jeep is equipped to get you off the beaten path and out into the wilderness. Have the option of disappearing into the incredible deserts or forests in the Western US, or even choose to camp at a regular campsite - this overlander gives the option for both.
As standard, Jeeps come with a rugged off-road ability. This one has the addition of a premium hard-shell roof top tent, a cooler or fridge, camping stove and many of the other items needed for camping in the wild.
If flying into San Diego, your entire 'camping equipment box' on wheels is ready to go! All you need is food, clothes (maybe not needed in the middle of nowhere...?) and sleeping bags (we can provide these upon request).
Alternatively, locals can experience overland adventures without the heavy cost of buying a vehicle, kitting it out and maintaining it ... just rent from us!
What is available?
1. Clean and well maintained Jeep Wrangler 4 door which carries 5 passengers
2. New premium roof top tent. This is not a budget version, this is the high end iKamper Skykamp sleeps 4 people and only takes 1 minute to set up or take down
3. Refrigerator or cooler to keep you food and drink cold - a key comfort when camping in summer! (optional - please ask for details)
4. Power outlets for charging your devices (optional - please ask for details)
5. Camping stove (optional - please ask for details)
6. Camping plates and utensils (optional - please ask for details)
7. A 5 gallon water container (optional - please ask for details)
8. Camping chairs (optional - please ask for details)
9. Camping table (optional - please ask for details)
10. Bike rack (optional - please ask for details)
Additional items such as sleeping bags, 10x10 awning and other camping items can be rented upon request.
We are really happy to offer vehicles which can take you places that other rentals cannot, but also request that you treat it as your own. Our vehicles are designed to help you navigate dirt roads and trails, but are not designed for hard core offroading, rock crawling or sand use. The additional weight of the tent and camping equipment must be factored into any driving situation and with a higher center of gravity (i.e. lots of weight on the roof), driving on steep angles or attempting to traverse obstacles, is not permitted.
Remember, the Jeep you are using is your only way out of the wilderness you are exploring, so please treat it with respect and it will get you home.
If attending festivals such as Burning Man or any music festivals, please let us know. We will have to make special arrangements to facilitate.
1. Copy of driver's license
2. Signed copy of rental agreement (can be signed upon pickup)
3. Proof of insurance (either from Outdoorsy or from your own auto insurance company). We can provide a form you can submit to your own insurance company to ensure coverage of the vehicle and equipment.