You’ve been out on the road, hitting the trails, rafting those whitewater rapids — now, it’s time to take a load off around the campfire.
After a long day of adventure, we know easy RV recipes can be such a blessing, so we asked our owner community to send us their go-to camping recipes. And, let me tell ya, they sure do know their way around a campfire.
So, ready your taste buds! Here’s 5-star owner, Katy Reeder‘s favorite recipe for campfire nachos.
All you need is:
- ground beef
- sweet onions
- salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- refried beans
- green onions
- shredded cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream, salsa, and guacamole
How to make campfire nachos
Have delicious restaurant nacho flavor at your picnic table in 11 simple steps:
- Ready the campfire
- Brown a pound of ground beef in a skillet
- Add 1/2 cup of diced sweet onions
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste
- Stir in a can of refried beans
- Cook until hot
- Sprinkle diced tomatoes and sliced green onions atop the skillet mixture
- Cover with shredded cheese and let melt
- Pour mixture over a tray of tortilla chips
- Add any additonal toppings of your choice like olives, green chilis, or jalapeños
- Enjoy with sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole
Want more easy RV recipes?
Check these out:
Happy campfire cooking!