This recipe originally appeared on Fresh Off The Grid. Meet Megan and Michael, the duo behind the site, and hear more about where they find recipe inspiration and why it’s their mission to redefine camp food.
- 2–3 apples, sliced 1/4” thin
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granola
- In an 8″ or 10” cast iron skillet, over medium heat, saute the sliced apples in a bit of oil or butter until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, bourbon, and sugar, and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens and the apples are tender, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the granola evenly across the top. Enjoy straight from the skillet or serve in individual bowls with a generous scoop of ice cream!
Cast iron skillet, sharp knife, cutting board, measuring cups, measuring spoons, wooden spoon or spatula