We love to help.

We love to help.

Insurance Overview

Outdoorsy is the only peer-to-peer RV rental platform to provide commercial insurance for qualified renters and owners renting on Outdoorsy when the owner’s personal RV insurance would not apply.

We’re proud to partner with Assurant* on our liability insurance to ensure the safety of our renters and owners worldwide. Any renters traveling in the US (international or US-based), as well as US-based owners, can rely on Assurant for liability protection. Assurant supports our mission of providing high-quality insurance products and services to meet the needs of the Outdoorsy community.

Outdoorsy’s $1 million insurance protection program covers you, your vehicle, and every approved renter in the case of any covered incidents. Rent worry-free knowing we’ve got you covered.

For owners, you’re also protected for physical damage to your RV in the event of a collision or accident during the rental period, up to the actual cash value of your vehicle, with a maximum of $300,000. You can find the full policy details here.

Our insurance protection plans feature tiered deductibles depending on the value of the rented vehicle. The renter is responsible for the deductible, which can range from $1,000 to $4,000 on the Physical Damage and Comprehensive & Collision coverages in the event of a damage claim. The deductible is the responsibility of the renter.

This insurance is embedded in the rental process with no additional premiums or monthly fees for owners. Outdoorsy’s protection is fully integrated and requires no additional effort outside of basic vehicle information from the owner and a renter background check for each rental. Outdoorsy’s coverage extends to all states (except New York), as well as vehicles traveling into Canada. (Our insurance does not extend into Mexico).

The Outdoorsy insurance policy also covers international travelers who agree to an international background check and have an international driver’s license or permit for the class of vehicle they’re renting (i.e. if they have a Class B international license, they can’t rent a Class A vehicle).

For info on our Canadian insurance coverage, please refer to the Canada section of our FAQs.

For any of your other insurance needs, there’s Roamly, Outdoorsy’s preferred insurance partner. Get a free RV insurance quote in 60 seconds!

*Assurant is a partner on liability insurance only.