Last Updated: July 9, 2020
If we update or make changes to these policies, we’ll notify you via email and provide you quick access to the changes through the website.
THE SERVICES COMPRISE AN ONLINE PLATFORM THROUGH WHICH OWNERS (DEFINED BELOW) MAY CREATE LISTINGS (DEFINED BELOW) FOR RVS (DEFINED BELOW) AND RENTERS (DEFINED BELOW) MAY LEARN ABOUT AND BOOK RVS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT OUTDOORSY IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENTS ENTERED INTO BETWEEN OWNERS AND RENTERS, NOR IS OUTDOORSY AN RV BROKER, AGENT OR INSURER. OUTDOORSY HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONDUCT OF OWNERS, RENTERS AND OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATION AND SERVICES OR ANY RVS, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD.
- “RV” means recreational vehicles.
- “Outdoorsy Content” means all Content that Outdoorsy makes available through the Site, Application, or Services, including any Content licensed from a third party, but excluding Member Content.
- “Collective Content” means Member Content and Outdoorsy Content. “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software (excluding the Application), audio, video, information, and any other content or materials.
- “Renter” means a Member who requests a booking of an RV via the Services, or a Member who uses an RV and is not the Owner for such RV.
- “Owner” means a Member who creates a Listing via the Services.
- “Listing” means a vehicle that is listed by an Owner as available for rental via the Services.
- “Member” means a person who completes Outdoorsy’s account registration process, including, but not limited to Owners and Renters, as described under “Account Registration” below.
- “Member Content” means all Content that a Member posts, uploads, publishes, submits or transmits to be made available through the Services.
- “Tax” or “Taxes” mean any sales taxes, goods and services taxes (GST) and other similar municipal, state and federal indirect or other withholdings and personal or corporate income taxes.
Certain areas of the Services (and your access to or use of certain aspects of the Services or Collective Content) may have different terms and conditions posted or may require you to agree with and accept additional terms and conditions. If there is a conflict between these terms and Terms and Conditions posted for a specific area of the Services, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your use of or access to that area of the Services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES OR BY DOWNLOADING OR POSTING ANY CONTENT FROM OR ON THE SERVICES, OR BY PARTICIPATING IN THE REFERRAL PROGRAM, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH THE US. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR TO PARTICIPATE IN THE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
Outdoorsy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Services or to modify these Terms, including the Service Fees, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on the Services or provide you with notice of the modification. We will also update the “Last Updated Date” at the top of these Terms. By continuing to access or use the Services after we have posted a modification on the Services or have provided you with notice of a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Services.
You agree that you will comply with all written Outdoorsy rules, agreements, and policies that are made available by Outdoorsy on the Services and which are incorporated herein by reference. These include, without limitation:
- Fees Policy
- Cancellation Policy
- Insurance Policy
- RV Eligibility Policy
- Booking Agreement (available at the time of booking)
- Charter Party Agreement (available at the time of booking)
- Or any other policies posted on the Services
The Services are intended solely for persons who are 18 or older. Any access to or use of the Services by anyone under 18 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Services you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older. The minimum age to rent an insured vehicle is 25 years old.
How the Services Work
The Services can be used to facilitate the listing and booking of RVs. Such RVs are included in Listings on the Services by Owners. You may view Listings as an unregistered visitor to the Services; however, if you wish to book an RV or create a Listing, you must first register to create an Outdoorsy Account (defined below).
As stated above, Outdoorsy makes available a platform or marketplace with related technology for Renters and Owners to meet online and arrange for bookings of RVs. Outdoorsy is not an owner or operator of RVs, including, but not limited to, trailers, towables, campers, vans, coaches, caravans or other RVs, nor is it a provider of RVs and Outdoorsy does not own, sell, resell, furnish, provide, rent, re-rent, manage and/or control RVs, or transportation or travel services unless otherwise specified.
Outdoorsy’s responsibilities are limited to: (i) facilitating the availability of the Services and (ii) serving as the limited agent of each Owner for the purpose of accepting payments from Renters on behalf of the Owner.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, AS STATED ABOVE, THE SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO BE USED TO FACILITATE THE BOOKING OF RVS. OUTDOORSY CANNOT AND DOES NOT CONTROL THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN ANY LISTINGS AND THE CONDITION, LEGALITY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY RVS. OUTDOORSY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO ANY AND ALL LISTINGS AND RVS. ACCORDINGLY, ANY BOOKINGS WILL BE MADE AT THE RENTER’S AND OWNER’S OWN RISK.
Renter Eligibility and Application Process
The following are the minimum eligibility requirements as a renter:
You must hold a current, valid (non-temporary) driver’s license, and present your license to the owner when you begin your rental. You must be at least 25 years of age. You must be approved by Outdoorsy through identify verification and other background checks that the company requires. You are required to demonstrate at least three years of current, licensed driving history and must hold a valid Driver’s License. If you hold a foreign license, you must be at least 25, and you will be required to provide your passport, an international driver permit or a photograph of your current driver license. You must possess a mobile phone in your own name that we can verify through text message and you must be a registered user of Outdoorsy.
The application process is usually easy and quick. When you rent your first RV, we ask for your payment information, your personal information and your Drivers’ License information or International Driver Permit so that we can ensure you meet our eligibility requirements. In most cases, the driver eligibility check takes seconds, as long as we can verify all of your information. Outdoorsy may use third party source(s) to complete your eligibility check and will not share information outside of this scope.
In some cases, we may need additional information for verification purposes, and you will be provided with these requirements when you attempt to book an RV or travel trailer, or you may go through our pre-approval process, so you’ll be ready when it’s time to book.
In order to access certain features of the Services, and to book an RV or create a Listing, you must register to create an account (“Outdoorsy Account”) and become a Member. You may register to join the Services directly via the Services or as described in this section.
You can also register to join by logging into your account with certain third-party social networking sites (“TPA”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook); each such account, a “Third Party Account”, via our Services, as described below. As part of the functionality of the Services, you may link your Outdoorsy Account with Third Party Accounts, by either: (i) providing your Third Party Account login information to Outdoorsy through the Services; or (ii) allowing Outdoorsy to access your Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third Party Account login information to Outdoorsy and/or grant Outdoorsy access to your Third Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein), without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third Party Account and without obligating Outdoorsy to pay any fees or making Outdoorsy subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third party service providers. By granting Outdoorsy access to any Third Party Accounts, you understand that Outdoorsy will access, make available and store (if applicable) any Content that you have provided to and stored in your Third Party Account (“TPA Content”) so that it is available on and through the Services via your Outdoorsy Account and Outdoorsy Account profile page. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all TPA Content, if any, will be considered to be Member Content for all purposes of these Terms. Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third Party Accounts will be available on and through your Outdoorsy Account on the Site, Services and Application. Please note that if a Third Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or Outdoorsy’s access to such Third Party Account is terminated by the third party service provider, then TPA Content will no longer be available on and through the Site, Services and Application. You have the ability to disable the connection between your Outdoorsy Account and your Third Party Accounts, at any time, by accessing the “Account” section of the Site and Application.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
Outdoorsy makes no effort to review any TPA Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or non-infringement and Outdoorsy is not responsible for any TPA Content.
We will create your Outdoorsy Account and your Outdoorsy Account profile page for your use of the Services based upon the personal information you provide to us or that we obtain via a TPA as described above. You may not have more than one (1) active Outdoorsy Account. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. Outdoorsy reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Outdoorsy Account and your access to the Services if you create more than one (1) Outdoorsy Account or if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete. You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Outdoorsy Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Outdoorsy of any unauthorized use of your Outdoorsy Account.
As a Member, you may create Listings. To this end, you will be asked a variety of questions about the RV to be listed, including, but not limited to, the VIN, registration information, value, location, size, features, availability of the RV, pricing, related rules, and financial terms. You acknowledge and agree that Listings will be made publicly available via the Services. Other Members will be able to book your RV via the Services based upon the information provided in your Listing. You understand and agree that once a Renter requests a booking of your RV, the price for such booking may not be altered without contacting customer service. To have your vehicle insured through Outdoorsy, your vehicle must first pass the Outdoorsy vehicle requirements certification, must be inspected every 90 days, must be legally registered and cannot have a salvage title. Outdoorsy reserves the right to request inspection and service records as part of the insurance claims process. Insurance is not available for salvage title vehicles. Certification requirements can be found here: (https://www.outdoorsy.com/helparticle/what-does-vehicle-certification-mean-exactly)
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for any and all Listings you post. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that any Listing you post and the booking of, or Renter use of, an RV in a Listing you post (i) will not breach any agreements you have entered into with any third parties and (ii) is in compliance with all applicable state, municipal and federal laws, Tax requirements, and rules and regulations that may apply to any RV included in a Listing you post, including, but not limited to, insurance requirements, Department of Motor Vehicle regulations, zoning laws, and laws governing rentals and operation of RVs and (b) not conflict with the rights of third parties. Please note that Outdoorsy assumes no responsibility for an Owner’s compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Outdoorsy is not responsible for any damages to an RV rented through the Outdoorsy site and you will hold Outdoorsy harmless for any claims related to damages, injury, insurance claims, towing, service or repairs, tolls, fines, traffic violations.
Outdoorsy reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Listing for any reason, including Listings that Outdoorsy, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Services.
You understand and agree that Outdoorsy does not act as an insurer or as a contracting agent for you as an Owner. If a Renter requests a booking of your RV and uses your RV, any agreement you enter into with such Renter is between you and the Renter and Outdoorsy is not a party thereto. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Outdoorsy serves as the limited authorized agent of the Owner for the purpose of accepting payments from Renters on behalf of the Owner and is responsible for transmitting such payments to the Owner.
When you create a Listing, you may also choose to include certain requirements which must be met by the Members who are eligible to request a booking of your RV, including, but not limited to, requiring Members to have a profile picture or verified phone number, in order to book your RV. Any Member wishing to book RVs included in Listings with such requirements must meet these requirements; however, as noted below, we do not attempt to confirm or verify such information. More information on how to set such requirements is available via the “Owners” section of the Services.
If you are an Owner, Outdoorsy makes certain tools available to you to help you to make informed decisions about which Members you choose to confirm for booking for your RV. You acknowledge and agree that, as an Owner, you are responsible for your own acts and omissions.
Outdoorsy does not endorse any Members or any RVs. In addition, although these Terms require Members to provide accurate information, we do not attempt to confirm, and do not confirm, any Member’s purported identity or other information provided by such Member. You are responsible for determining the identity and suitability of others who you contact via the Services. Except as provided by the Outdoorsy Terms and Conditions, we will not be responsible for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with other Members. (Please see Outdoorsy’s Terms and Conditions (https://www.outdoorsy.com/help/outdoorsy-terms-and-conditions) for information.)
By using the Services, you agree that any legal remedy or liability that you seek to obtain for actions or omissions of other Members or other third parties will be limited to a claim against the particular Members or other third parties who caused you harm and you agree not to attempt to impose liability on, or seek any legal or financial remedy from Outdoorsy with respect to such actions or omissions.
Accordingly, we encourage you to communicate directly with other Members on the Services regarding any bookings or Listings made by you. This limitation shall not apply to any claim by an Owner against Outdoorsy regarding the remittance of payments received from a Renter by Outdoorsy on behalf of an Owner, which instead shall be subject to the limitations described in the section below entitled
“Limitation of Liability”- Bookings and Financial Terms
If you are an Owner and a booking is requested for your RV via the Services, you may be required to either confirm or reject the booking within 24 hours of when the booking is requested (as determined by Outdoorsy in its sole discretion) or the booking request may be automatically canceled. When a booking is requested via the Services, we will share with you (i) the first and last name of the Renter who has requested the booking, and, (ii) a link to the Renter’s Outdoorsy Account profile page, so that you can view such information before confirming or rejecting the booking. If you are unable to confirm or decide to reject a booking of an RV within such 24 hour period, any amounts collected by Outdoorsy for the requested booking may be refunded to the applicable Renter’s credit card and any pre-authorization of such credit card will be released. When you confirm a booking requested by a Renter, Outdoorsy will send you an email, text message or message via the Services confirming such booking, depending on the selections you make via the Services.
The fees displayed in each Listing are comprised of the RV Fees (defined below) and the Renter Fees (defined below.) Where applicable, Taxes may be charged in addition to the RV Fees and Renter Fees. The RV Fees, the Renter Fees and applicable Taxes are collectively referred to in these Terms as the “Total Fees”. The amounts due and payable by a Renter solely relating to an Owner’s RV which are actually collected by Outdoorsy are the “RV Fees”. Please note that it is the Owner and not Outdoorsy who determines the RV Fees. The RV Fees may include cleaning fees, security deposits, pre-paid fuel charges, at the Owner’s discretion.
Outdoorsy charges fees to Renters based upon a percentage of applicable RV Fees, which are the “Service Fees” and an insurance fee, “Insurance Fees”, which is required by our insurance underwriter. The Service Fees and Insurance Fees are added to the RV Fees to calculate the Total Fees (which will also include applicable Taxes) displayed in the applicable Listing. Outdoorsy will collect the Total Fees at the time of booking confirmation (i.e. when the Owner confirms the booking within 24 hours of the booking request) and will initiate payment of the RV Fees (less Outdoorsy’s Service Fees and Insurance Fees as defined in the Fees Policy http://Outdoorsy.co/fees) to the Owner two business days after of when the Renter arrives at the applicable RV (except to the extent that a refund is due to the Renter). Failure to charge any of the fees or other indulgences shall not constitute a waiver of the right to exercise the same in the event another fee should become due at any other time.
Appointment of Outdoorsy as Payment Agent for Owner
Each Owner hereby appoints Outdoorsy as the Owner’s limited agent solely for the purpose of facilitating payments made by Renters on behalf of the Owner.
Each Owner agrees that payment of RV fees made by a Renter to payment processor, provided by Outdoorsy, shall be considered the same as a payment made directly to the Owner and the Owner will make the RV available to Renter in the agreed-upon manner as if the Owner has received the RV Fees. Each Owner agrees that Outdoorsy may, in accordance with the cancellation policy selected by the Owner and reflected in the relevant Listing, (i) permit the Renter to cancel the booking and (ii) refund to the Renter that portion of the RV Fees specified in the applicable cancellation policy. In accepting appointment as the limited authorized agent of the Owner, Outdoorsy assumes no liability for any acts or omissions of the Owner.
Please note that Outdoorsy does not currently charge fees for the creation of Listings. However, you acknowledge and agree that Outdoorsy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to charge you for and collect fees from you for the creation of Listings, or for other features of the Services. Please note that Outdoorsy will provide notice of any such additional fees via the Services, prior to implementing such fees.
Bookings and Financial Terms for Renters
The Owners, not Outdoorsy, are solely responsible for honoring any confirmed bookings and making available any RVs reserved through the Services. If you, as a Renter, choose to enter into a transaction with an Owner for the booking of an RV, you agree and understand that you will be required to enter into an agreement with the Owner and you agree to accept any terms, conditions, rules, and restrictions associated with such RV imposed by the Owner. You acknowledge and agree that you, and not Outdoorsy, will be responsible for performing the obligations of any such agreements, that Outdoorsy is not a party to such agreements, and that, with the exception of its obligations hereunder to pay RV Fees to the applicable Owner, Outdoorsy disclaims all liability arising from or related to any such agreements. You acknowledge and agree that, notwithstanding the fact that Outdoorsy is not a party to the agreement between you and the Owner, Outdoorsy acts as the Owner’s payment agent for the limited purpose of accepting payments from you on behalf of the Owner. Upon your payment of amounts to Outdoorsy, which are due to the Owner, your payment obligation to the Owner for such amounts is extinguished, and Outdoorsy is responsible for remitting such amounts, less Outdoorsy’s Owner Fees, to the Owner. In the event that Outdoorsy does not remit any such amounts to an Owner, such Owner will have recourse for such amounts only against Outdoorsy.
Listings for RVs will specify the Total Fees. As noted above, the Owner is required to either confirm or reject the booking within 24 hours of when the booking is requested (as determined by Outdoorsy in its sole discretion) or the requested booking may be automatically canceled. If a requested booking is canceled (i.e. not confirmed by the applicable Owner), any amounts collected by Outdoorsy will be refunded to such Renter, depending on the selections the Renter makes via the Services, and any pre-authorization of such Renter’s credit card will be released, if applicable.
You agree to pay Outdoorsy for any confirmed bookings made in connection with your Outdoorsy Account in accordance with these Terms by one of the methods described on the Site or Application – e.g. by cash or credit card. You hereby authorize the collection of such amounts by charging the credit card provided as part of requesting the booking directly by Outdoorsy. You also authorize Outdoorsy to charge the Renter’s credit card in the event of damage caused on an RV as contemplated under “Damage to RVs” below and for Security Deposits (as defined below), if applicable. Once a confirmed booking transaction is completed you will receive a confirmation email in Outdoorsy summarizing the confirmed booking.
You agree that you may not use the Outdoorsy Services and then complete a booking of an RV transaction outside of the Outdoorsy Services in order to circumvent the obligation to pay any portion of Service Fees related to Outdoorsy provision of the Services. If you circumvent any portion of the Service Fees related to the Outdoorsy Software, Outdoorsy reserves the right to reject or deny the related transaction as (i) a valid transaction, (ii) no insurance coverage will be applied to the rental and, (iii) all other insurance coverages may be suspended and, (iv) Outdoorsy will have no responsibility nor obligation to the parties engaged in the transaction.
You agree to pay Outdoorsy for the Total Fees for any booking requested in connection with your Outdoorsy Account if such requested bookings are confirmed by the applicable Owner. In order to establish a booking pending the applicable Owner’s confirmation of your requested booking, you understand and agree that Outdoorsy, on behalf of the Owner, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) obtain a pre-authorization via your credit card for the Total Fees or (ii) charge your credit card a nominal amount, not to exceed one dollar ($1) to verify your credit card. Once Outdoorsy receives confirmation of your booking from the applicable Owner, Outdoorsy will collect the Total Fees in accordance with these Terms and the pricing terms set forth in the applicable Listing. Please note that Outdoorsy cannot control any fees that may be charged to a Renter by his or her bank related to Outdoorsy’s collection of the Total Fees, and Outdoorsy disclaims all liability in this regard.
Outdoorsy’s Owners customarily include a security deposit in their Listings (“Security Deposits”). For all Security Deposits included in a Listing for a confirmed booking of RV, Outdoorsy will, in its capacity as the payment agent of the Owner, use its commercially reasonable efforts to obtain a pre-authorization of the Renter’s credit card in the amount the Owner determines for the Security Deposit within a reasonable time prior to the Renter’s check-in at the applicable Owner’s RV. Outdoorsy will also use its commercially reasonable efforts to address Owners’ requests and claims related to Security Deposits, but Outdoorsy is not responsible for administering or accepting any claims by Owners related to Security Deposits, and disclaims any and all liability in this regard.
In consideration for providing the Services, Outdoorsy collects service fees from Owners and Renters (“Service Fees”). Service Fees are made up of three (3) components: (i) Renter Service Fees, (ii) an Owner Service Fee that is charged to the Owner based upon a percentage of the amount of the RV Fees (“Owner Fees”) and (iii) an Insurance Fee that is required by the company’s insurance underwriter. Where applicable, Taxes may also be charged in addition to the Owner Fees. Outdoorsy Fees are deducted from the RV Fees before remitting the RV Fees to the Owner, within 24 hours of when the Renter arrives at the applicable RV. Renter Fees are, as noted above, included in the Total Fees.
Balances will be remitted to Owners, by Outdoorsy, via payment methods described on Services. Remittance currency will be that of the destination bank provided by Owner. More information on Services Fees can be found at http://www.Outdoorsy.com/fees. Except as otherwise provided herein, Service Fees are non-refundable.
As a Member, by referring your friends to request a booking or create a Listing that receives a confirmed booking via the Site, you may participate in the “Referral Program”, which is a loyalty program we offer to our Members. If you choose to participate in the Referral Program, for each friend you refer to Outdoorsy for which a Qualifying Referral (defined below) is completed, you may be able to receive Outdoorsy RVing Credits (defined below) (each a “Referral Reward”). “Outdoorsy RVing Credits” are “reward points” that may be applied as credits toward future confirmed bookings made by Members via the Site.
In order to receive a Referral Reward, each of the following requirements must be met (collectively, a “ Qualifying Referral”): (i) you must log in to your Outdoorsy Account on the Site and select either the “Invite Friends on Facebook” or “Invite Friends on Twitter” link; (ii) you must share the link provided with friends, by copying and pasting the unique referral link generated via the Services, by sending the unique referral link generated via the Services in an email via the Services to your friends; or by using the other tools provided by Outdoorsy to share the unique referral link with friends; (iii) a friend who clicks the link on Facebook or otherwise or clicks the link contained in the email must create a Outdoorsy Account and become a Member; and (iv) after becoming a Member, the friend must either request a booking of an RV which is confirmed by the applicable Owner or create a Listing which subsequently receives a confirmed booking via the Services with Total Fees of at least two hundred dollars ($200) that is not subsequently cancelled. Please note that you may not be the Owner or the Renter for the booking to receive a Referral Reward.
Satisfaction of a Qualifying Referral and the Referral Reward you receive will be reflected in your Outdoorsy Account in a reasonable amount of time after the Qualifying Referral has been completed. The Referral Rewards you accrue will be displayed on your User Account page. Referral Rewards can be accrued solely by you and you may not earn Referral Rewards by permitting another individual to use your Outdoorsy Account. Referral Rewards accrued in multiple Outdoorsy Accounts may not be combined into one Outdoorsy Account. You may not earn Referral Rewards by creating multiple Outdoorsy Accounts. By acquiring Referral Rewards, you agree and acknowledge that Outdoorsy is granting you a limited, revocable license to a digital item, and that Referral Rewards are not your personal property. You may not obtain any cash or money in exchange for Referral Rewards. Except as explicitly provided herein, Referral Rewards are non-transferable. Members are responsible for keeping track of the Referral Rewards in their Outdoorsy Accounts.
Specific Terms Regarding Outdoorsy GPS Pro
The “Service” includes (a) the Site, (b) any specialty services offered to users such as the “Fleet Service”, (c) Outdoorsy vehicle information and related services, and (d) all mobile applications and other software (including the Software, as defined below), data, reports, text, images, sounds, video, and content made available through any of the foregoing (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The Fleet Service also includes (a) the GPS Service in the Dashboard. The “Hardware” means Outdoorsy’s device that may be connected to your or your company’s vehicle in connection with the Service. Any updates or new features added to or augmenting the Service or the Hardware are also subject to this TOS; to keep the Software up-to-date, you agree that we may automatically provide you with such updates without your further consent or notice to you. NOTE THAT IN ORDER FOR THE SERVICE TO FUNCTION (INCLUDING EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SERVICES), THE MOBILE DEVICE ONTO WHICH THE GPS APPLICATION IS INSTALLED MUST BE LOCATED IN THE VEHICLE ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR SERVICE AND THE HARDWARE MUST BE PROPERLY INSTALLED IN YOUR VEHICLE. THE MOBILE DEVICE MUST ALSO HAVE ADEQUATE NETWORK AND DATA SERVICE IN THE LOCATION WHERE NEEDED.
Outdoorsy uses reasonable security measures to protect the data we receive via the Services and Hardware. However, we cannot guarantee that third parties will never defeat our security measures. You acknowledge that you are using the Services and Hardware and sharing information at your own risk.
The Service includes certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload data to the Service via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In the event you change or deactivate your GPS device, you agree to promptly update Outdoorsy to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your new device.
Unless otherwise expressly authorized herein or in the Service, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or upload for any commercial purposes, any portion of the GPS Service, use of the GPS Service, or access to the GPS Service. The GPS Service is for your personal use, or the use of your company.
The failure of Outdoorsy to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this TOS shall not be a waiver of that right. You acknowledge that this TOS is a contract between you or your company and Outdoorsy, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by you and Outdoorsy, and it governs your use of the Service and Hardware and takes the place of any prior agreements between you and Outdoorsy related to the subject matter hereof. If you are using our GPS Service on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms.
Outdoorsy Protection Packages
- To find the U.S. version of Outdoorsy’s protection policy for owners, click here.
- To find the U.S. version of Outdoorsy’s protection policy for renters, click here.
As a Renter, you are required to provide certain personal information through the Outdoorsy renter verification program in order to rent insured RVs on Outdoorsy, asked to provide a valid (i) Driver’s License Number, State of Issue, your Name and Address, (ii) DOB, (iii) SSN, (iv) verification of at least 3 years driving experience, (v) completion of the renter questionnaire, (vi) current insurance provider, (vii), your international drivers permit and a valid Passport (for international renters).
Damage to RVs
As the operator of the RV, you are responsible for leaving the RV in the condition it was in when you picked up the RV. You acknowledge and agree that as a Renter, you are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals who you invite to, or otherwise provide access to the RV. In the event that an RV Owner claims otherwise and provides evidence of damage, including but not limited to, photographs, you agree to pay the cost of replacing the damaged items with equivalent items. After being notified of a claim and given forty-eight (48) hours to respond, the payment will be charged to and taken from the credit card on file in your Outdoorsy Account. You agree that unless you have purchased or have been qualified for insurance through Outdoorsy that you will hold Outdoorsy harmless and that Outdoorsy has no responsibility for any damages that you cause to an owners’ RV or to any person. You also agree that as a renter, your personal insurance will act as primary to any coverage you purchase through Outdoorsy. Outdoorsy also reserves the right to charge the credit card on file in your Outdoorsy Account, or otherwise collect payment from you and pursue any avenues available to Outdoorsy in this regard, including using Security Deposits, in situations in which you have been determined, in Outdoorsy’s sole discretion, to have damaged the RV, including, but not limited to, in relation to any payment requests made by RV Owner, and in relation to any payments made by Outdoorsy to RV Owners. If we are unable to charge the credit card on file or otherwise collect payment from you, you agree to remit payment for any damage to the RV to the applicable RV Owner or to Outdoorsy (if applicable). If a vehicle has been damaged during the rental period and the damage occurred as a result of vandalism or there is a suspicion of vandalism, a police report must be filed by the owner of the damaged vehicle before an insurance claim can be processed.
Both Renter and RV Owner agree to cooperate with and assist Outdoorsy in good faith, and to provide Outdoorsy with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by Outdoorsy, in connection with any complaints or claims made by Members relating to RVs or any personal or other property located at an RV or with respect to any investigation undertaken by Outdoorsy or a representative of Outdoorsy regarding use or abuse of the Site, Application or the Services. If you are a Renter, upon Outdoorsy’s reasonable request, and to the extent you are reasonably able to do so, you agree to participate in mediation or similar resolution process with an RV Owner, at no cost to you, which process will be conducted by Outdoorsy or a third party selected by Outdoorsy with respect to losses for which the RV Owner is requesting payment from Outdoorsy under these terms.
Cancellations and Refunds
If, as a Renter, you cancel your requested booking before the requested booking is confirmed by an Owner, Outdoorsy will cancel any pre-authorization to your credit card and/or refund any nominal amounts charged to your credit card in connection with the requested booking within a commercially reasonable time. If, as a Renter, you wish to cancel a confirmed booking made via the Services, either prior to or after arriving at the RV, the cancellation policy of the Owner contained in the applicable Listing will apply to such cancellation. Our ability to refund the RV Fees and other amounts charged to you will depend upon the terms of the applicable cancellation policy. Details regarding refunds and cancellation policies are available via the Services.
If an Owner cancels a confirmed booking made via the Services, (i) Outdoorsy will refund the Total Fees for such booking to the applicable Renter within a commercially reasonable time of the cancellation and (ii) the Renter may receive an email or other communication from Outdoorsy containing alternative Listings and other related information. If the Renter requests a booking from one of the alternative Listings and the Owner associated with such alternative Listing confirms the Renter’s requested booking, then the Renter agrees to pay Outdoorsy the Total Fees relating to the confirmed booking for the RV in the alternative Listing, in accordance with these Terms. If an Owner canceled a confirmed booking and you, as a Renter, have not received an email or other communication from Outdoorsy, please contact our support team via a support ticket.
IRS regulation, regarding federal tax reporting requirements, stipulates that Outdoorsy must collect IRS Form W-9 from all Owners in the United States. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for determining your applicable Tax reporting requirements in consultation with your tax advisors.
Outdoorsy cannot and does not offer Tax-related advice to any Members of the Site, Application and Services. Additionally, please note that each Owner is responsible for determining local indirect Taxes and for including any applicable Taxes to be collected or obligations relating to applicable Taxes in Listings.
Where applicable, or based upon request from an Owner, Outdoorsy may issue a valid VAT invoice to such Owner.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and Tax obligations that may apply to your use of the Services and Content. In connection with your use of our Services, you may not and you agree that you will not:
- violate any local, state, provincial, national, park, campground or other law or regulation, or any order of a court, including, without limitation, zoning restrictions, admiralty law and Tax regulations;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the Services or Content;
- use the Services for any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- copy, store or otherwise access any information contained on the Services or Content for purposes not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- interfere with or damage our Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology;
- use our Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;
- use our Services in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email (“spam”) or advertisements unrelated to lodging in a private residence;
- “stalk” or harass any other user of our Services or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as an Outdoorsy Renter or Owner;
- offer, as an Owner, any RVs that you do not yourself own or have permission to rent
- offer, as an Owner, any RV that may not be rented pursuant to the terms and conditions of an agreement with a third party;
- register for more than one Outdoorsy Account or register for an Outdoorsy Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
- contact an Owner for any purpose other than asking a question related to a booking such Owner’s RVs or Listings;
- contact a Renter for any purpose other than asking a question related to a booking or such Renter’s use of the Site, Application and Services;
- when acting as a Renter or otherwise, recruit or otherwise solicit any Owner or other Member to join third party services or websites that are competitive to Outdoorsy, without Outdoorsy’s prior written approval;
- use automated scripts to collect information or otherwise interact with the Services;
- use the Services to find an Owner or Renter and then complete a booking of an RV transaction independent of the Services in order to circumvent the obligation to pay any Service Fees related to Outdoorsy’s provision of the Services;
- as an Owner, submit any Listing with a false or misleading price information or submit any Listing with a price that you do not intend to honor;
- post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that, in Outdoorsy’s sole judgment: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil or criminal liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or
- deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive;
- (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- systematically retrieve data or other content from our Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise;
- use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, Outdoorsy’s name, any Outdoorsy trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Outdoorsy’s express written consent;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Outdoorsy’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Outdoorsy’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Outdoorsy system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Outdoorsy or any of Outdoorsy’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Collective Content;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or Collective Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to scrape assets and content from the website
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Collective Content; or
- advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
Outdoorsy will have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law. Outdoorsy may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms. You acknowledge that Outdoorsy has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Services or Collective Content or to review or edit any Member Content, but has the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure your compliance with these Terms, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
Outdoorsy reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Collective Content that Outdoorsy, at its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Services.
The Services and Collective Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You acknowledge and agree that the Services and Collective Content, including all associated intellectual property rights, is the exclusive property of Outdoorsy and its licensors. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Collective Content.
Outdoorsy Content and Member Content License
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Outdoorsy grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, to (i) access and view any Outdoorsy Content solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes and (ii) access and view any Member Content to which you are permitted access, solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. You have no right to sublicense the license rights granted in this section.
You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Services or Collective Content, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Outdoorsy or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
We may, in our sole discretion, permit Members to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit Member Content. By making available any Member Content on or through the Site, Application and Services, you hereby grant to Outdoorsy a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit such Member Content on, through, or by means of the Services or otherwise. Outdoorsy does not claim any ownership rights in any such Member Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any such Member Content.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all Member Content that you make available through the Services. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all Member Content that you make available through the Services or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to Outdoorsy the rights in such Member Content, as contemplated under these Terms; and (ii) neither the Member Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the Member Content or Outdoorsy’s use of the Member Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Services or otherwise will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
With its Protection Packages, Outdoorsy coverage for qualified vehicles and verified renters that have been approved by Outdoorsy for the insurance coverage. Liability, physical damage, comprehensive and collision insurance coverage is available only for renters during the rental period for rentals that are transacted through the Outdoorsy software and only where renters have successfully met the conditions stipulated in the verification process and where the vehicle meets the certifications and requirements stipulated in the listing process, and the maintenance and inspection schedule. In addition, insurance coverage is only made available to verified users where use of the Outdoorsy Services and the full and complete booking of a rental transaction is transacted through the Outdoorsy system. Any Owner who transacts any portion of rental outside of the Outdoorsy Services, such transaction will be entirely denied insurance protection. If any Owner circumvents any portion of Outdoorsy or Outdoorsy Service Fees, Outdoorsy reserves the right to reject or deny insurance coverage across all vehicles under management by the Owner or Agency, and all related transactions will be deemed invalid for insurance coverage, and Outdoorsy will have no responsibility or obligation to provide coverage to any of the parties. Rentals are only insurable in the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military locations and U.S. controlled territories and Canada. Any vehicle that attempts to enter into Mexico will not be covered under the insurance program. Vehicles used in the sport or activity of driving through rough terrain are considered to be used in off-roading activity and will not be insured.
Unless otherwise stipulated in the insurance coverage, the Renter is responsible for all damage to the rental, missing equipment, down time, and the RV owner’s administrative expenses connected with loss irrespective of the cause of damage or loss or the negligence or lack thereof of Renter. Renter is responsible for loss due to theft of the rental. Renter is responsible for all damages due to vandalism of the rental. When accepting the rental, Renter and Agency or Owner must complete a thorough, comprehensive Walk-Thru report of the rental, noting in writing any and all defects or damage to the rental prior to Renter’s acceptance of the same. Renter and Owner must sign and date the RV Departure Checklist in order to qualify for insurance protection. Immediately prior to releasing the vehicle the owner is responsible for completing a full inspection of the interior and exterior of the vehicle with the renter, and must take photos to document its condition immediately prior to departure and immediately upon return.
Upon return of the rental, the Owner must immediately inspect the rental and photograph any damages, and report any losses to Outdoorsy within 48 hours of the end of the booking or return of the vehicle (whichever occurs first). Outdoorsy is not responsible for personal property left in the rental. All defects and/or damage to the rental noted in the return inspection which are not noted on the Walk-Through report completed by Renter and Owner when accepting the rental shall be the sole responsibility of Owner and Renter, and Renter shall reimburse the Owner for the cost of the repair. To the extent that the security deposit actually paid to the Owner is insufficient to cover the costs and damages incurred by Renter, Renter will make immediate payment to Outdoorsy (on behalf of the Owner), upon demand. Owner and Renter must report all accidents or incidents of theft or vandalism to the police as soon as Owner or Renter discover them and provide a copy of the police report to Outdoorsy. Renter must report all accidents involving the rental to Owner within 24 hours of occurrence and provide a copy of the accident report to Outdoorsy and the Owner.
Further details relating to Physical Damage Coverage for Owners can be found here.
Further details relating to Physical Damage Coverage for Renters can be found here.
Renter acknowledges and agrees that no person shall be allowed to drive the rental who is not at least the age of 25, a holder of a valid driver’s license in his or her actual possession, and approved through Outdoorsy verification, insurance or through a third party insurance binder. Renters acknowledge that recreational rentals can be very large and handle differently from passenger cars. The rental requires more skill and expertise to operate safely than an automobile rental. The rental requires more clearance above, in front of, behind, and beside them to operate safely, and the use of mirrors and direct visual verification are always required to maintain knowledge of the location of adjacent rentals and obstacles on the roadway. Due to size and handling characteristics, the rental shall not be operated at speeds in excess of 55 miles per hour regardless of the posted speed limit.
Renter and Owner represent and warrant that any person who operates the rental will have passed DMV verification and will have the skill and expertise to do so safely and free from negligence. Renter acknowledges that the qualifications of any driver of the rental are solely at the discretion and risk of Renter and that Outdoorsy has not evaluated the skill and expertise of any such driver.
Renter acknowledges that Outdoorsy has no control over the number of passengers a Renter may allow into the rental or the conduct of those occupants while the rental is being operated. Therefore, Renter acknowledges that Renter is solely responsible for the passengers on board the rental as well as the conduct of those passengers, and Renter and Owner shall confirm that both driver and passengers are properly using seat belts while the rental is in motion.
Allowed Use of the Rental
All rentals may only be used on those public roadways with sufficient width and clearance to allow the rental to be operated safely and without damage. Under no circumstances may the rental be operated in rugged terrain or used in the sport of off-roading. If Owner provides a driver for the rental, Renter remains responsible for all damage to the rental, missing equipment, down time, and Owner’s administrative expenses connected with damage regardless of whether or not Renter or the driver is at fault. Any violation of these terms will result in loss of insurance coverage.
Under no circumstance shall:
- The rental be driven outside the United States and Canada.
- The Renter allow anything to be towed behind the rental unless specified.
- The awning be unrolled or used without Owner approval.
- Anyone be allowed on the roof of the rental.
- Anyone occupy any towed rental while it is in motion.
- The rental may not be taken into Mexico as Outdoorsy insurance is not valid in Mexico.
Insurance, Tickets, Tolls & Citations
Renter must purchase Outdoorsy provided insurance packages or provide an alternative proof of insurance before renting. Insurance fees are collected in conjunction with the Service fees paid to Outdoorsy. Insurance fees may be adjusted without notice, and on a case by case basis depending upon the frequency and size of claims submitted by RV Owners or Agencies. Renter is solely responsible for any and all parking tickets, citations, toll charges and other charges issued during Renter’s contractual possession of the rental.
The laws of some states require us to furnish you with the following notices:
WARNING – Any person who knowingly:
- Alaska: and with intent to injure, defraud, or deceive an insurance company files a claim containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be prosecuted under state law.
- Arizona and Arkansas: presents a false or fraudulent claim for payment of a loss or benefit is subject to criminal and civil penalties, or specific to AR: presents false information in an application for insurance is guilty of a crime and may be subject to fines and confinement in prison.
- California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas: presents a false or fraudulent claim for the payment of a loss or benefit (or specific to LA and TX: who knowingly presents false information on an application for insurance) is guilty of a crime and may be subject to fines and confinement in state prison, (or specific to NM: to civil fines and criminal penalties.)
- Delaware: and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive an insurer, files a statement of claim containing any false, incomplete or misleading information is guilty of a felony.
- Florida: and with intent to injure, defraud, or deceive any insurance company files a statement of claim containing false, incomplete, or misleading information is guilty of a felony of the third degree.
- Idaho and Indiana: and with intent to defraud or deceive any insurance company, files a statement of claim containing any false, incomplete, or misleading information (for Idaho) is guilty of and (for Indiana) commits a felony.
- Kentucky, New York and Pennsylvania: and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person files an application for insurance, or files a statement of claim, containing any materially false information or conceals, for the purpose of misleading, information concerning any fact material thereto commits a fraudulent insurance act, which is a crime, specific to PA: subjects such person to criminal and civil penalties and specific to NY: shall also be subject to a civil penalty not to exceed five thousand dollars and the stated value of the claim for each such violation.
- New Jersey: files a statement of claim containing any false or misleading information is subject to criminal and civil penalties.
- Ohio: with intent to defraud or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud against an insurer, submits an application or files a claim containing a false or deceptive statement is guilty of insurance fraud.
- Oklahoma: and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive any insurer, makes any claim for the proceeds of an insurance policy containing any false, incomplete or misleading information is guilty of a felony.
- Colorado: It is unlawful to knowingly provide false, incomplete, or misleading facts or information to an insurance company for the purpose of defrauding or attempting to defraud the company. Penalties may include imprisonment, fines, denial of insurance, and civil damages. Any insurance company or agent of an insurance company who knowingly provides false, incomplete, or misleading facts or information to a policyholder or claimant for the purpose of defrauding or attempting to defraud the policyholder or claimant with regard to a settlement or award payable from insurance proceeds shall be reported to the Colorado Division of Insurance within the Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- District of Columbia, Tennessee and Virginia: It Is a crime to knowingly provide false, incomplete or misleading information to an insurer or insurance company for the purpose of defrauding the insurer or insurance company, (or specific to DC: any other person.) Penalties include imprisonment and/or fines. In addition, an insurer may deny insurance benefits if false information materially related to a claim was provided by the applicant.
- Hawaii: Presenting a fraudulent claim for payment of a loss or benefit is a crime punishable by fines or imprisonment, or both.
- Maine: It is a crime to knowingly provide false, incomplete or misleading information to an insurance company for the purpose of defrauding the company. Penalties may include imprisonment, fines or a denial of insurance benefits.
- Minnesota: A person who files a claim with intent to defraud or helps commit a fraud against an insurer is guilty of a crime.
- New Hampshire: Any person who, with a purpose to injure, defraud or deceive any insurance company, files a statement of claim containing any false, incomplete or misleading information is subject to prosecution and punishment for insurance fraud, as provided in RSA 638.20.
Maintenance and Breakdown
Owners are responsible for inspecting brakes, tires and LP gas systems every 90 days and shall keep maintenance records affirming that these systems are inspected at a minimum of each 90 days. Tires must be at fifty percent (50%) tread wear or greater for each rental. Rental Agency, Owner and Renters are responsible for inspecting all fluid levels including oil and coolant levels at each refueling. Rental Agency, Owner and Renter are responsible for checking air tire pressure, lug nuts and wheels at each refueling and are responsible for mechanical damages due to negligence in operation and/or maintenance.
Hauling and Delivery
All liability for damages relating to a delivered rental begins when the rental leaves the Rental Agency or Owners place of origin and ends when the rental is returned to the RV owner’s place of origin. This includes tire blowout, damage to the rental, or property of the facility where the rental is delivered and/or picked up.
Right of Possession
RV owners shall always have superior right of possession of the rental over Renter. In the event that the RV owner’s, officers or employees, in their sole and absolute discretion, determine that the rental is at risk of damage or loss, the RV owner shall have the absolute right, but not the obligation, to recover the rental from Renter regardless of the amount of time remaining in the Rental Agreement. In the event Owner recovers a rental from Renter, in addition to those costs payable pursuant to other parts of this Agreement, Renter shall pay all costs associated with such recovery including, but not limited to, employee wages, travel costs, fuel and repairs.
Renter agrees not to drive in a careless or negligent manner while driving a Rented vehicle, nor drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor permit operation of the vehicle by any person except those who have signed the Outdoorsy rental agreement and have signed the RV Departure Form and who have passed Outdoorsy verification procedures. Renter further agrees not to use, or permit use of the rental for unlawful purposes. Renters will hold Outdoorsy harmless from any and all fines and penalties incurred during the rental period caused directly or indirectly by negligence, misuse or carelessness. Renter further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Outdoorsy from and against any and all claims for loss of, or damage to property, or injury to person, including death, resulting from the use and operation of the rented unit. Unless prohibited by law, you release Outdoorsy from any liability for consequential, special or punitive damages in connection with this rental or the reservation of a vehicle.
Renter shall hold harmless, RV owners, Rental Agencies and Outdoorsy and its authorized agents and employees from and against all loss, bodily injury, damages and expenses, including legal expenses, of any kind arising from my rental unit during rental possession extending to such time use is finalized and cleared by the RV owner or Rental Agency, including without limitations, latent and other defects whether or not discoverable by you or RV owner or Rental Agency. This indemnity shall continue in effect at all times despite the return of the rental before or after expiration of the contract terms whether by a formal request from RV owner, Agency or otherwise. It is agreed and understood that the RV owner, Agency and Outdoorsy may control the defense of any such claim. Any violation of these terms will result in denial of insurance coverage.
Damage to RVs
The Renter is responsible for leaving any rented RV in the condition it was in when they picked up the RV. Renter and Owner acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals who you invite to, or otherwise provide access to the RV. In the event that an RV Owner or Rental Agency claims otherwise and provides evidence of damage, including but not limited to, photographs, you, the Renter, agree to pay the cost of replacing the damaged items with equivalent items. After being notified of the claim and given forty-eight (48) hours to respond, the security deposit payment will be charged to and taken from the Renter’s credit card on file in the Outdoorsy system. You agree that unless you have purchased or have been qualified for insurance through Outdoorsy that you will hold Outdoorsy harmless and that Outdoorsy has no responsibility for any damages that are caused to an RV or to any person. Outdoorsy also reserves the right to charge the credit card on file, or otherwise collect payment from you and pursue any avenues available to Outdoorsy in this regard, including using Security Deposits, in situations in which you have been determined, in Outdoorsy sole discretion, to have damaged the RV, including, but not limited to, in relation to any payment requests made by the Owner or Agency, and in relation to any payments made by Outdoorsy to Owners or Rental Agency.
RV Owner and Renter agree to cooperate with and assist Rental Agency or RV in good faith, and to provide Rental Agency or RV with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by Rental Agency or RV, in connection with any complaints or claims made by Renters relating to RVs or any personal or other property located at a RV or with respect to any investigation undertaken by Rental Agency or RV or a representative of Rental Agency or RV regarding use or abuse of the Rental Agency or RV Services. You agree to participate in mediation or similar resolution process, which process will be conducted by Rental Agency or RV or a third party selected by Rental Agency or RV with respect to losses for which the RV Owner is requesting payment from Rental Agency or RV under these terms. Any violation of these terms of service will result in the denial of insurance coverage.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Outdoorsy is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Outdoorsy of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources or the Content, products or services on or available from such websites or resources.
Proprietary Rights Notices
All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of Outdoorsy used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Outdoorsy. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective parties.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback through our support portal via a support ticket. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of Outdoorsy and you hereby irrevocably assign to Outdoorsy and agree to irrevocably assign to Outdoorsy all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including without limitation all worldwide patent, copyright, trade secret, moral and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein. At Outdoorsy’s request and expense, you will execute documents and take such further acts as Outdoorsy may reasonably request to assist Outdoorsy to acquire, perfect, and maintain its intellectual property rights and other legal protections for the Feedback.
Copyright Dispute Policy
Outdoorsy respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is Outdoorsy’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the Outdoorsy Accounts of Members or other account holders who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see Outdoorsy’s Copyright Dispute Policy at http://Outdoorsy.com/copyright for further information.
Termination and Outdoorsy Account Cancellation
We may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without cause, with or without prior notice and at any time: (a) terminate these Terms or your access to our Services, and (b) deactivate or cancel your Outdoorsy Account. Upon termination, we will promptly pay you any amounts we reasonably determine we owe you in our discretion, which we are legally obligated to pay you. In the event, Outdoorsy terminates these Terms, or your access to our Services or deactivates or cancels your Outdoorsy Account you will remain liable for all amounts due hereunder. You may cancel your Outdoorsy Account at any time by contacting us via a support ticket. Please note that if your Outdoorsy Account is canceled, we do not have an obligation to delete or return to you any Content you have posted to the Site, Application and Services, including, but not limited to, any reviews or Feedback.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT OUTDOORSY DOES NOT HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ANY MEMBER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RENTERS AND OWNERS, BUT MAY CONDUCT SUCH BACKGROUND CHECKS IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. THE SERVICES, COLLECTIVE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “ AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, OUTDOORSY EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. OUTDOORSY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES, COLLECTIVE CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE LISTINGS OR ANY RVS, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. OUTDOORSY MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY LISTINGS, RVS, THE SERVICES OR COLLECTIVE CONTENT OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY COLLECTIVE CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM OUTDOORSY OR THROUGH THE SERVICES OR COLLECTIVE CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY OWNERS OR RENTERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OUTDOORSY DOES NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATION OR SERVICES OR TO REVIEW OR INSPECT ANY RVS. OUTDOORSY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATION OR SERVICES OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATION OR SERVICES. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATION OR SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATION OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RENTERS AND OWNERS, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH MEETINGS ARE ORGANIZED BY OUTDOORSY.
NOTWITHSTANDING OUTDOORSY’S APPOINTMENT AS THE LIMITED AGENT OF THE OWNERS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ACCEPTING PAYMENTS FROM RENTERS ON BEHALF OF THE OWNERS, OUTDOORSY EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY RENTER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES AND COLLECTIVE CONTENT, YOUR LISTING OR BOOKING OF AND USE OF ANY RVS VIA THE SERVICES, AND ANY CONTACT YOU HAVE WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER IN PERSON OR ONLINE, REMAINS WITH YOU. NEITHER OUTDOORSY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES, COLLECTIVE CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR COLLECTIVE CONTENT, FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR FROM YOUR LISTING, BOOKING, OR USE OF ANY RV VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT OUTDOORSY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
EXCEPT FOR OUR OBLIGATIONS TO PAY AMOUNTS TO APPLICABLE OWNERS PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS, IN NO EVENT WILL OUTDOORSY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FROM YOUR LISTING, BOOKING OR USE OF ANY RV VIA THE SERVICES, OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR COLLECTIVE CONTENT AND IN CONNECTION WITH ANY RV OR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY OTHER MEMBERS, EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID FOR BOOKINGS VIA THE SITE, APPLICATION AND SERVICES AS A RENTER IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY, OR IF YOU ARE AN OWNER, THE AMOUNTS PAID BY OUTDOORSY TO YOU IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY, OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF NO SUCH PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE, AS APPLICABLE. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN OUTDOORSY AND YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold Outdoorsy and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the Services or Collective Content or your violation of these Terms; (b) your Member Content; (c) your (i) interaction with any Member, (ii) booking or use of a RV, (iii) creation of a Listing or (iv) the use, condition or rental of a RV by you, including, but not limited to any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of a rental, booking or use of a RV.
Export Control and Restricted Countries
By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (i) neither you nor your listed RV is located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Services for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. Outdoorsy does not permit Listings associated with certain countries due to U.S. embargo restrictions.
If you interact with another user of the Services who you feel is acting or has acted inappropriately, including but not limited to, anyone who (i) engages in offensive, violent or sexually inappropriate behavior, (ii) you suspect of stealing from you, or (iii) engages in any other disturbing conduct, you should immediately report such person to the appropriate authorities and then to Outdoorsy by contacting us with your police station and report number via a support ticket; provided that your report will not obligate us to take any action beyond that required by law (if any) or cause us to incur any liability to you. You agree that you are required to resolve any claim related to a payment dispute or an insurance dispute that you may have with Outdoorsy and any other related party on an individual basis in arbitration, as set forth in the Arbitration section below.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Outdoorsy and you regarding the Services, Collective Content, and any bookings or Listings of RVs made via the Services, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Outdoorsy and you regarding the foregoing.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Outdoorsy’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect.
Outdoorsy may assign or transfer these Terms, at its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be in writing and given by Outdoorsy (i) via email (in each case to the address that you provide) or (ii) by posting to the Site or via the Application. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state or federal court located in Travis County, Texas for any actions for which the parties retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights, as set forth in the Dispute Resolution provision below.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE REVIEW THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT SET FORTH BELOW CAREFULLY, AS IT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO RESOLVE PAYMENT AND INSURANCE DISPUTES WITH OUTDOORSY AND OTHER PARTIES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. BY ENTERING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND HAVE TAKEN TIME TO CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIS IMPORTANT DECISION.
By agreeing to the Terms, you agree that you are required to resolve any claim related to a payment dispute or an insurance dispute that you may have with Outdoorsy and any other related party on an individual basis in arbitration, as set forth below. This will preclude you from bringing any class, collective, or representative action against Outdoorsy and also preclude you from participating in or recovering relief under any current or future class, collective, consolidated, or representative action brought against Outdoorsy by someone else. Except for disputes relating to payment or an insurance dispute, Outdoorsy reserves all of its rights to bring any other dispute in any court of competent jurisdiction. The costs and expenses of arbitration, including the fees of the arbitrators but excluding any attorneys’ fees, shall be advanced by Outdoorsy, but will ultimately be borne by the non-prevailing party.
Opt-out of Agreement to Arbitrate. You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and state “I opt out of arbitration” in the email at the earlier of (i) within 30 days of first registering your account, or (ii) prior to any dispute arising with Outdoorsy.
You and Outdoorsy agree that any dispute, claim or controversy related specifically to a payment or insurance claim, under $25,000 in value arising out of or relating to the company’s Terms, whether between you and Outdoorsy or between you and other Outdoorsy user, or the existence, breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by FairClaims (www.FairClaims.com) and not in a court of law, in accordance with its Arbitration Rules & Procedures effective at the time a claim is made. You further agree that judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
You consent to electronic service of process, with service to be made to the email address we have on record for your account. You acknowledge and agree that you are waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding. Unless both you and Outdoorsy otherwise agree in writing, any arbitration will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, collective, consolidated, or representative proceeding. However, you and Outdoorsy each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction relating to any dispute that is properly the subject of this arbitration agreement.
You agree that any and all communications and evidence related to any payment, charge or insurance dispute ultimately resolved by arbitration or mediation with FairClaims arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be held and will remain confidential, and that you will not take any action that will harm the reputation of any of the other parties to the arbitration or mediation or Outdoorsy, or which would reasonably be expected to lead to unwanted or unfavorable publicity to and of the parties, Outdoorsy or other entities involved in or incidental to the arbitration or mediation. You understand that those parties and entities include but are not limited to the claimant, respondent, witnesses, and Outdoorsy.
You agree that, in the event of confirmation and enforcement, the delinquent party to the arbitration will be responsible for any attorney, court or other fees associated with such action.
Notwithstanding any choice of law or other provision in this agreement, the parties agree and acknowledge that this arbitration clause evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (“FAA”), will govern its interpretation and enforcement and proceedings pursuant thereto. It is the intent of the parties that the FAA and FairClaims Rules shall preempt all state laws to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the FAA and FairClaims Rules are found to not apply to any issue that arises under this arbitration clause or the enforcement thereof, then that issue shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Texas.
You and Outdoorsy agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, or to the use of the Services (collectively, “Disputes”) will be settled by binding arbitration, except that each party retains the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights. Further, unless both you and Outdoorsy otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding. If this specific paragraph is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Dispute Resolution” section will be deemed void. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, this “Dispute Resolution” section will survive any termination of these Terms.
Arbitration Rules and Governing Law. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution” section. (The AAA Rules are available at http://www.adr.org/arb_med or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.) The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this section.
Arbitration Process. A party who desires to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. (The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at https://www.adr.org/sites/default/files/Consumer_Demand_for_Arbitration_Form_1.pdf and a separate form for California residents at http://adr.org/aaa/ShowPDF?doc=ADRSTG_0043q14.) The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within seven (7) days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules.
Arbitration Location and Procedure. Unless you and Outdoorsy otherwise agree, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents you and Outdoorsy submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing or the arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Subject to the AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
Arbitrator’s Decision. The arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator’s award damages must be consistent with the terms of the “Limitation of Liability” section above as to the types and the amounts of damages for which a party may be held liable. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the claimant and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorney’s fees and expenses, to the extent provided under applicable law. Outdoorsy will not seek, and hereby waives all rights it may have under applicable law to recover, attorneys’ fees and expenses if it prevails in arbitration.
Fees. Your responsibility to pay any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be solely as set forth in the AAA Rules. The costs and expenses of arbitration, including FairClaims fees and the fees of the arbitrators (but excluding any attorneys’ fees), shall be advanced by Outdoorsy, but will ultimately be borne by the non-prevailing party.
Changes. Notwithstanding the provisions of the “Modification” section above, if Outdoorsy changes this “Dispute Resolution” section after the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (via a support ticket within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated Date” above or in the date of Outdoorsy’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and Outdoorsy in accordance with the provisions of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms).
The failure of Outdoorsy to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Outdoorsy. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If for any reason an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Outdoorsy RV Rental Agreement
This RV Rental Agreement (“Agreement”), along with the Outdoorsy Terms of Service and Policies, which are incorporated herein by reference, is made by and between the persons listed in the booking details page of your Outdoorsy account, namely the Renter and the RV Rental Owner (“Dealer” or “Owner”) for the rented vehicle (the “Rental”). Renter and Owner are referred to collectively herein as the “Parties”.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall survive the end of the rental period and remain in full force and effect. Where Renter has released and/or indemnified Owner, it has also released and/or indemnified Owner’s officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and the vehicle’s owner of record.
By entering into a confirmed booking, Renter and Owner acknowledge that they read the terms of this Agreement and agree to such terms before being asked to exchange possession of the Rental. Additionally, Renter permits Outdoorsy to process a charge to the card listed on file for all rental and claim related charges due under this Agreement.
The Parties have read and agree to the terms and conditions of this Rental Agreement and thereby give their consent to the Agreement and acknowledge that by completing a booking that Renter is the designated primary driver and will take full responsibility for any damage or incidents occurring during the rental period. Renter understands and acknowledges that if Renter purchased an Outdoorsy protection package only verified drivers are allowed to drive or operate the rental vehicle.
Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Renter and Owner. The “Renter” shall mean the individual person completing a booking using his/her Outdoorsy account. The “Owner” (also referred to herein as the “Dealer”) shall be the individual person or legal person (e.g. corporation, LLC, etc.) accepting a booking using her/her/its Outdoorsy account. Renter acknowledges that Dealer may not own the Rental it is renting to Renter, and rents the Rental pursuant to a valid third-party agreement with the owner of the unit. Dealer represents and warrants that it has the legal authority to enter into a booking and renting the Rental.This agreement is not assignable by Renter.
- Rental. The “Rental” means the motorized or non-motorized (towable) vehicle rented by the Renter from the Owner, and includes tires, tools, key fobs, keys, equipment, included plates, documents and other products or property provided by the Owner with the vehicle.
RENTER ACCEPTS RENTAL “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT RESERVATION. OWNER (INCLUDING THE TITLED OWNER OF THE RENTAL) DOES NOT WARRANT AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE RENTAL OR TIRE CONDITION OR QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, UTILITY, SUITABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Renter agrees that Owner shall always have a superior right of possession of the Rental over Renter. In the event that Owner, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines the Rental is at risk of damage or loss, Owner shall have the absolute right to recover the Rental from Renter regardless of the amount of time remaining in the Rental Period. In the event Owner recovers a Rental from Renter, in addition to those costs payable pursuant to other parts of this Agreement, Renter shall pay all costs associated with such recovery including, but not limited to, employee wages, travel costs, fuel and repairs. Owner agrees that Renter is wholly responsible for these charges and will hold Outdoorsy harmless.
3. Rental Period. The “Rental Period” begins when the Owner provides the Renter with the keys, and turns over possession, custody and control of the Rental to the Renter. The Rental Period ends upon the completed return of the Rental to the Owner.
For rentals involving the delivery of the Rental by Owner, Renter’s responsibility for the Rental and liability for damages relating to delivered rentals begins when Renter takes possession of the keys and ends when the Rental is returned to the Owner or their designated delivery driver. Any damage that occurs during the delivery of the Rental is the responsibility of the Owner up to the amount of the deductible. All delivery drivers of insured vehicles must be approved via the Outdoorsy verification check or must have provided additional proof of insurance coverage through a third party.
Renter and Owner understand and acknowledge that they should not enter into a booking and key exchange unless they agree and accept the terms of this Agreement, as well as Outdoorsy’s other Terms of Service and Policies. A confirmed booking is an express agreement to this Agreement and Outdoorsy’s Terms of Service and Policies.
4. Who May Drive and Proper Operation of the Rental. Only the Renter who completes the booking (the “Primary Driver”) and qualifies as a “Permitted Driver,” and other persons designated and identified as drivers at the time of booking and verified by Outdoorsy (“Permitted Drivers”) may drive and operate the Rental. Permitted Drivers may only drive and operate the Rental with the express prior permission from Renter, and Renter shall be fully responsible for any and all damages, incidents, tolls, tickets, and other acts and omissions involving the Permitted Drivers while operating or driving the Rental, or caused by or involving the Permitted Drivers.
The Renter represents to Owner and Outdoorsy that Renter and other Permitted Drivers are capable and validly licensed drivers, and will remain capable and validly licensed drivers during the term of the rental.
Renter further acknowledges and agrees that no person shall be allowed to drive the Rental who is not at least the age of 25 and a holder of a valid driver’s license (in his or her actual possession). Drivers over the age of 25 must be approved through Outdoorsy’s verification process.
Renter acknowledges that recreational rentals can be very large and handle differently from passenger cars. The Rental requires more skill and expertise to operate safely than a passenger car rental. For example, the Rental may require more clearance above, in front of, behind, and beside them to safely operate, and the use of mirrors and direct visual verification are always required to maintain knowledge of the location of adjacent vehicles and obstacles on the roadway. Owner acknowledges that it is their responsibility to inform Renter of the limitations of their Rental, including clearance heights and widths and other operating instructions. Renter agrees to only operate the Rental on public roadways with sufficient width and height clearance to allow the Rental to be operated safely and without damage. Under no circumstances may the Rental be operated and used for off-road purposes. In the event that the Rental is operated on a private road, Roadside Assistance may be unavailable or voided.
Spotters are recommended to assist the driver in backing the Rental. Renter acknowledges that Owner has no control over the number of passengers a Renter may allow into the Rental or the conduct of those occupants while the Rental is being operated. Therefore, Renter acknowledges they are solely responsible for the passengers on board the Rental as well as the conduct of those passengers. Renter also acknowledges they will confirm that both driver and passengers are properly using seat belts while the Rental is in motion. Renter and Dealer can find more information here.
5. Prohibited Use of the Rental.The Renter and Permitted Drivers shall not drive in a careless, negligent, reckless or unlawful manner. Certain uses of the Rental and other actions the Renter or Permitted Drivers may take, or fail to take, will violate this Rental Agreement and Outdoorsy’s Terms of Service and Policies. A VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH, AS DEFINED BELOW, ALLOWS OWNER OR OUTDOORSY TO TERMINATE RENTER’S BOOKING AND IS AN EXCLUSION TO AND VOIDS ALL LIABILITY PROTECTION AND ANY OPTIONAL SERVICES THAT RENTER HAS ACCEPTED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INSURANCE COVERAGE AND ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE. IT ALSO MAKES RENTER FULLY LIABLE TO OWNER AND OUTDOORSY FOR ALL PENALTIES, FINES, FORFEITURES, LIENS, DAMAGES, AND RECOVERY AND STORAGE COSTS, INCLUDING ALL RELATED ATTORNEYS’ FEES, LEGAL EXPENSES, FEES AND COSTS THAT OWNER OR OUTDOORSY MAY INCUR.
It is a violation of this Paragraph if any of the following occurs:
A. Renter uses or permits the Rental to be used: (1) by anyone other than a Permitted Driver; (2) to carry passengers or property for hire or more passengers than the Rental has seat belts to carry; (3) to tow or push anything, unless specified by Owner; (4) in the case of a towable, to allow occupants to be inside the towable when in motion; (5) to be operated in a test, race or contest or off road; (6) while the driver is under the influence of alcohol, any controlled substance, including without limitation any federally controlled substance listed under the Controlled Substance Act, Title 21 of the United States Code (a “Controlled Substance”), or medications that affect vehicle operation and/or constitute driving while impaired under applicable law; (7) for unlawful purposes or for conduct that could be charged as a crime such as a felony or misdemeanor, including the transportation of a Controlled Substance or contraband, stolen goods, illegal devices, or persons protected by prohibitions against human trafficking; (8) recklessly or while overloaded; (9) if the Rental is driven into a jurisdiction or to a location or event not permitted by Owner or Outdoorsy (e.g., into Mexico or attending an unauthorized festival such as Burning Man); (10) Renter materially misrepresents the intended use or destination of the Rental; (11) Renter or Dealer violates the Outdoorsy or Wheelbase Terms and Conditions.
B. Pets or other animals (aside from service animals) are allowed into the Rental without prior permission from the Owner. Owners agree to comply with all law, including the federal Americans with Disability Act (ADA). The ADA requires that service animals are harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless the use of these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In such cases, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls. Pet fees for service animals may not be charged; however, the Owner may collect fees for any damage sustained to the Rental by the service animal.
C. The Rental’s awning is unrolled or used without prior permission from the Owner.
D. Anyone is on the roof of the Rental, regardless of whether the Rental is equipped with a ladder.
E. Renter or an additional driver, whether authorized or not: (1) fail to promptly report to Outdoorsy and Owner any damage to or loss of the Rental when it occurs or when Renter learns of it and provide Outdoorsy and Owner with a written accident/incident report or fail to cooperate with Outdoorsy’s investigation; (2) where required by law, failed to report an accident to law enforcement; (3) obtained the Rental through fraud or misrepresentation; (4) leave the Rental and fail to remove the keys (or key fobs) or close and lock all doors and all windows and the Rental is stolen or vandalized; or (5) intentionally or with willful disregard cause or allow damage to the Rental.
F. Renter or an additional driver, whether authorized or not, return the Rental after hours agreed-upon with Owner and the Rental is damaged, stolen or vandalized, or Renter otherwise fails to take reasonable steps to secure the Rental, its keys, key fobs, or other remote entry and starting devices.
G. Driving or operating the Rental while using a hand-held wireless communication device or other device that is capable of receiving or transmitting telephonic communications, electronic data, mail or text messages shall be deemed a breach of the Rental Agreement.
6. Tolls, Fines, Expenses, Costs and Administrative Fees. Renter agrees to report to the Owner and pay for all tolls and tickets (including for parking and moving or stationary traffic violations) incurred during the Rental Period. Renter agrees to pay or reimburse Outdoorsy and Owner for all fines, penalties, interest, and court costs for parking, traffic, toll and other violations, including storage liens and charges incurred as a result of the rental. Renter will also pay a reasonable administrative fee with respect to any violation of the Rental Agreement, Terms of Service or other Policies, such as for repossessing or recovering the Rental for any reason. Renter agrees that Outdoorsy or Owner may, in their sole discretion, pay all tickets, citations, fines, penalties and interest on Renter’s behalf directly to the appropriate authority and Renter will pay Outdoorsy or Owner what was paid to the appropriate authority or their designated agents plus a reasonable administrative fee and any attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred. Renter agrees and acknowledges that Outdoorsy and Owner may cooperate with all federal, state/provincial, municipal and local officials charged with enforcing these infractions to provide any information necessary as they may request or may otherwise be required.
Renter authorizes Outdoorsy to release the rental and credit/debit card information regarding the rental to any agent Outdoorsy may authorize to act on its behalf for the purpose of processing and billing Renter for any tickets, citations, fines and penalties incurred by Renter or assessed against Outdoorsy, the Owner or the Rental during the rental plus a reasonable administrative fee. Renter authorizes Outdoorsy’s agent to bill Renter directly to the credit/debit card used to book the rental. Renter authorizes Outdoorsy’s agent to contact Renter directly regarding any tickets, citations, fines and penalties incurred by Renter or assessed against Outdoorsy, the Owner or to Rental while its was rented to Renter.
In the event Outdoorsy uses a third party collection service or agent to resolve any tickets, citations, fines, penalties, and interest, Renter agrees to pay all costs and collection fees including but not limited to administrative and legal costs to such agent upon demand without protest.
Renter acknowledges that Renter has no right to contest any such infraction or enter any plea other than guilty or no contest unless Outdoorsy or Owner consent to such action, provided that the penalty for the infraction is only the payment of money and does not involve any other administrative, civil, or criminal penalty.
Renter agrees to indemnify and hold Outdoorsy and Owner and any other agent Outdoorsy authorizes harmless for any such tickets, citations, fines, penalties, interest and administrative fees.
7. Departure Policy. Owner shall ensure that the Rental Renter is picking up is clean on the interior and exterior and is in a safe and roadworthy condition. If it is not, or if any of its components are not working as expected at any point in Renter’s trip, the Renter must notify Outdoorsy immediately by contacting Customer Support at 877-723-7232. Renter should submit photos or videos of any visible defects. Failure to do so may result in a denial of a reimbursement or dispute request following completion of the booking.
Owner agrees that they will take photos within 24 hours of departure of the exterior and interior of the Rental or insurance coverage will not apply.
Owner and Renter acknowledge it is their joint responsibility to ensure towables are properly hitched at the time of departure, with appropriately sized ball mounts and sway bars as necessary. Renter further acknowledges that their vehicle has sufficient towing capacity. Failure to do so may result in the denial of any damage claims.
8. Hauling and Delivery. Renter’s liability for damages relating to delivered Rentals begins when Renter takes possession of the keys and ends when the Rental is returned to the Owner or their designated delivery driver. Any damage that occurs during the delivery or return of the Rental is the responsibility of the Owner up to the amount of the deductible. All delivery drivers of insured vehicles must be approved via the Outdoorsy verification check or must have provided additional proof of insurance coverage through a reputable third party insurer.
9. Return Policy. Renter agrees to return or leave the rental unit no later than the checkout time indicated on the Booking Confirmation or such other time as mutually agreed to by the Owner. If Renter cannot drop Rental off on the scheduled date of return, Renter must extend the rental solely on the Outdoorsy platform with Owner’s permission. Renter agrees that Renter no longer has permission to stay in the Rental in the event that the unit is not vacated or returned by the return date, and Owner is entitled to make Renter vacate the Rental and return all property and keys in a manner consistent with local, state, and federal law. In addition, Renter agrees that their credit card on file will be charged a one-time $30.00 administrative fee plus the hourly rental rate based on a prorated daily rental rate for the rental unit for each hour the Rental is late. Renter agrees that their credit card on file will be charged a $100.00 administrative fee plus the full daily rate for every eight (8) hours the Rental is late in the event that the Owner must cancel another confirmed and paid for Outdoorsy booking due to the late return. The Rental must be returned in the same condition as it was at the time of pickup (clean on the interior and exterior and in full working order). Dealer and Renter should take photos of the unit at the time of return. Any variable charges may be assessed and charged against the security deposit. (https://www.outdoorsy.com/service-fees).
Owner agrees that they will take photos within 48 hours of return of the exterior and interior of the Rental or insurance coverage will not apply.
10. In the event of any loss or damage to the Rental, or any personal property or bodily injury claim that occurs during the Rental Period due to any cause regardless of fault, including, but not limited to, collision, rollover, theft, vandalism, seizure, fire, flood, wind, hail or other acts of nature or God, Renter is responsible and is required to pay up to the deductible outlined in the protection package of their choice. In the event Renter has violated this Agreement or Outdoorsy’s Terms of Service or Policies, Renter will be held responsible for the full amount of the claim including any insurance deductible.
When accepting the Rental, Renter and Owner, or authorized representative of Owner, will complete and sign the Departure Form for the Rental, noting in writing and/or time stamped photos, digitally or electronically, any and all defects or damage to the Rental prior to Renter’s acceptance of same.
Upon return of the Rental, Renter and Owner, or authorized representative of Owner, must document the condition of the Rental via photos up to 24 hours before the trip starts and no later than 48 hours after the trip ends. This is a requirement for insurance coverage. Both Parties may also use the Departure and Return forms to supplement the photos, but understand this is not a qualified substitute for the photo requirements. Departure and Return forms cannot be altered after signing without the express written consent and signing by both Parties. Any alterations made without the express consent of Renter or Owner may result in any claims being denied. Outdoorsy and Owner are not responsible for personal property left in the Rental. All damage to the Rental noted in the executed Return Form which is not listed in the executed Departure Form shall be the sole responsibility of Renter. Renter shall reimburse the Owner for the cost of the repair if Outdoorsy deems Renter is responsible for the damage.
To the extent that the security deposit paid to Owner is insufficient to cover the damages incurred by Renter, Renter will pay Owner the difference via the qualified insurance policy or out of pocket if such damage is not covered under the insurance policy. Renter must report all accidents or incidents of theft or vandalism to the police as soon as discovered and to the Owner via Outdoorsy message, and provide a copy of the police report to Owner and Outdoorsy. Renter must report all accidents involving the Rental to Owner within 24 hours of the occurrence and provide a copy of the accident report to the Owner. In the event of vandalism or if damage occurred as a result of vandalism or a hit and run, no insurance claim can be processed without a police report. Owner must report all accidents involving the Rental to Outdoorsy within 48 hours of return of the Rental and provide supporting documentation such as photos, video, police report or statements. How do I file a claim?
Some Rentals are equipped with awnings. Awning usage may be restricted by Owner. If Owner does not provide express consent to use the awning during the Rental Period, and the awning is damaged during the Rental Period or causes damage to a third party, Renter will be wholly responsible for the full cost of repair and such damages. In the event that the Dealer authorizes the use of the awning during the rental period, the fabric of the awning must be kept in the possession of the Renter and returned to the Dealer in order for damages to be covered by the purchased protection package.
If the Rental is returned to Owner outside of regular business hours, Renter shall remain responsible for any damage or theft of the Rental occurring prior to Dealer’s acceptance of the return of the Rental during regular business hours, up to a limit of 48 hours. If Renter provides photos of the RV at the time of dropoff that clearly indicate no damage sustained, Outdoorsy will make a determination as to the validity of any subsequent claims.
11. Indemnification and Waiver by Renter. Renter shall forever defend, indemnify, and hold Outdoorsy and Owner (including but not limited to the titled owner), and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and parent and affiliated companies, harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, awards, costs, attorney fees, and other expenses incurred by them in any manner from this rental transaction or from the use during the Rental Period by Renter or any person, including claims of, or liabilities to, third parties or resulting from latent or other defects whether or not discoverable by Renter or Owner. This indemnity shall continue in effect at all times despite the return of the Rental before or after expiration of the contract terms whether by formal request from Dealer or otherwise. It is agreed and understood that Owner or Outdoorsy has the right to control the defense of any such claim.
RENTER WAIVES AND RELEASES OUTDOORSY AND OWNER FOR ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOST OR IMPUTED PROFITS OR REVENUES OR COSTS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE RENTAL REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OWNER OR OUTDOORSY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE.
12. Owner’s Limitation of Liability. THE RENTER AGREES, ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF/HERSELF AND ANY PASSENGERS OR USERS OF THE RENTAL, THAT THEIR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF DAMAGE OR LOSS RELATED TO USE OF THE RENTAL SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL RENT PAID OR PAYABLE BY RENTER TO OWNER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
13. Indemnification and Waiver by Owner. Owner shall forever defend, indemnify, and hold Outdoorsy, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and parent and affiliated companies, harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, awards, costs, attorney fees, and other expenses incurred by them in any manner from this rental transaction or from the use of the Rental by Renter or any person, including claims of, or liabilities to, third parties. OWNER WAIVES AND RELEASES OUTDOORSY AND RENTER FOR ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THE RENTAL OR BOOKING.
14. Outdoorsy’s Limitation of Liability. RENTER AND OWNER AGREE THAT OUTDOORSY’S AGGREGATE TOTAL LIABILITY UNDER ANY THEORY WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH ANY RENTAL OR BOOKING SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL SERVICE FEES EARNED AND RECEIVED BY OUTDOORSY FOR SUCH BOOKING. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUTDOORSY, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR REPRESENTATIVES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. IN ADDITION, OUTDOORSY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, DATA LOSS, FRAUD LOSSES, LOSSES OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, LOSSES DUE TO CRIMINAL CONDUCT BY OWNER, RENTER, PASSENGERS OR THIRD PARTIES, LOSSES IN CONNECTION WITH CHARGEBACKS, PAYMENT PROCESSOR DISPUTES, LOSSES DUE TO THE CONDUCT OF PAYMENT PROCESSORS, LOSSES DUE TO FALSE FRAUD SCREENING OR IN ANY OTHER WAY IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THE RENTAL OR BOOKING, RENTER OR OWNER’S USE OF THE OUTDOORSY TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM OR IDENTITY VERIFICATION SERVICES, FAILURES OF THE INTERNET, SYSTEMS, COMPUTER FAILURES, AND TAXES OR DUTIES, WHETHER THE DAMAGE CLAIMS ARE BASED IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY AT LAW OR EQUITY.
15. Property in the Rental. Outdoorsy and Owner are not responsible for loss of, theft, or damage to any property in or on the Rental, in any service vehicle, such as a transit van or bus, on Outdoorsy’s or Owner’s premises, or received or handled by them, regardless of who is at fault. Renter will be responsible to Outdoorsy and Owner for claims by others for loss or damage caused by renter’s property.
16. Rental Fees and Charges. By entering into a confirmed booking, Renter acknowledges that he/she has been given an opportunity to read the terms of this Agreement and terms of the Services before being asked to take possession of the Rental. Additionally, Renter expressly authorizes Outdoorsy to process a charge to the credit card(s) listed on file for all rental and claim related charges due under this Agreement or Outdoorsy’s Terms of Service and Policies. All rental fees and other charges must be paid prior to the Rental pickup, including security deposits. Failure to pay all rental fees and other charges, including security deposit, may result in the cancellation of the Rental and forfeiture of Rental fees.
17. Security Deposit & Authorization. A security deposit from Renter is required two days prior to pick up and will be refunded when all costs are paid pursuant to the terms of this Agreement and the Outdoorsy Terms of Service. The amount of the security deposit is stated in the booking confirmation. Owner may use Renter’s security deposit to pay any amounts owed under this Agreement. If the amount of the security deposit is insufficient to satisfy all amounts due, Renter agrees to pay all charges in excess, either by use of the credit card provided or some other agreed upon means.
Minimum requirements for return of the security deposit include:
- At the time of return, Rental is cleaned to the same condition or better than when picked up;
- Fuel levels are equal to or above the level provided at the time of departure handoff;
- Holding tanks are properly emptied to or below the level at time of departure handoff;
- No damage sustained to the Rental (including interior damage);
- All variable charges including, but not limited to: mileage or generator overages, tolls, parking or other tickets are paid in full.At the time of rental, a charge will be authorized by Renter to cover any amounts payable pursuant to this Agreement and the Terms of Service, and by accepting the Rental Renter understands and expressly consents to use of the charge card for such purposes.
Owner has up to 48 hours from the return of the unit to inspect the unit for damages and notify Outdoorsy by filing a claim, as well as contact Renter via email or dashboard message. The security deposit will be returned automatically within 7 days if there are no damages to the Rental or ancillary overages or fees due. Notwithstanding the foregoing, as described herein, certain charges (e.g., tickets, toll fees, etc.) will be charged to Renter at the date of discovery by Owner.
AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR THE OUTDOORSY TERMS OF SERVICE AND POLICIES, ALL APPLICABLE CHARGES WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE SECURITY DEPOSIT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Smoking: No smoking is allowed in the Rental unless expressly authorized by the Owner in the booking. Smoke odors in returned Rentals will result in additional fees set by Owner
- Interior Damage: Renter is fully responsible for any and all damage to the interior of the Rental, including but not limited to damage to appliances, cabinets, floors, and bathroom fixtures. Renter acknowledges he/she may purchase interior Damage Protection that covers them up to a limit of $1,500 for covered losses. For any damages not covered under the Damage Protection plan, or if the Damage Protection limit is not sufficient to cover the damages sustained, Owner will deduct the balance from the security deposit, and Renter agrees to pay any balance above the security deposit and/or Damage Protection coverage limit.
18. Maintenance. Owner is responsible for checking all fluid levels (e.g., oil and coolant), air tire pressure, lug nuts and wheels immediately prior to rental departure and must complete a safety inspection within 90 days prior to each booking. Should a breakdown or tire blowout occur due to lack of maintenance, wear and tear or manufacturer defect, Owner acknowledges their claim may be denied. Outdoorsy reserves the right to request inspection and maintenance records dated within 90 days of the start of the booking and performed by a certified mechanic. Owner acknowledges that a claim or dispute may be denied if there are missing or insufficient maintenance records.
19. Repairs and Roadside Assistance. In the unlikely event of a breakdown or mechanical issue with the Rental during the Rental Period, Outdoorsy offers Roadside Assistance service with qualified bookings. If emergency repairs are required, repairs under $200 should be completed and paid for by Renter. Repairs over $200 must have prior authorization from the Owner. Renter must save and submit all repair receipts for review when the Rental is returned. Reimbursement will depend on the type of repair and its cause.
Roadside assistance is currently included in eligible bookings with a purchased Outdoorsy Protection Package. If the Protection Package purchased does not include roadside assistance services, Renter may apply and pre-pay for roadside assistance through Outdoorsy. Roadside assistance services are provided per the terms and restrictions issued by the roadside assistance provider.
20. Insurance & Costs. Renter is responsible for all damages or losses caused to themselves, their property, the Rental, and/or third parties if Outdoorsy deems Renter responsible. Renter must be approved for insurance for the Rental through Outdoorsy or must provide Owner with an insurance binder indicating Renter has motor vehicle liability that satisfies each state’s legal minimum requirement, collision and comprehensive insurance covering the Renter, the Owner, and/or third parties for the Rental being driven or towed. Renter is solely responsible for any and all parking tickets, citations, toll charges and other charges issued during Renter’s possession of the Rental. Renter acknowledges that any insurance outside of the Outdoorsy Protection Packages is primary over the coverage provided in the package. Except where required by law to be primary or excess, any protection provided through Outdoorsy shall be secondary to, and not in excess of, any applicable insurance available to Renter, or any other driver, from any other source, whether primary, excess, secondary or contingent in any way.
21. Disputes. The parties agree that all disputes or claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement or Renter’s use of the Rental (whether based in contract, tort, statute, or any other legal theory) will be governed by the arbitration and dispute resolution procedures described in Outdoorsy Terms and Conditions. The Parties further agree that such arbitrations shall be conducted in the County where the Owner has its primary residence or place of business nearest to where the Rental was picked up. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Owner’s principal place of business or primary residence. Renter agrees that in the event Owner prevails in a suit to enforce this Agreement, Owner shall be entitled to recover all its costs and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in that action.
22. Cooperation. The Parties agree to cooperate and coordinate with Outdoorsy and each other generally and to take any actions Outdoorsy reasonably requests in connection with (i) this Rental Agreement, (ii) the pickup, use and return of the Rental, and (iii) any disputes, actions, proceedings, suits, and investigations related to the Rental or Renter’s use of the Rental, including without limitation, execution and delivery of any documents Outdoorsy reasonably requests, giving testimony under oath, and taking any other actions Outdoorsy reasonably requests related to this Rental Agreement or the Rental or the rental transaction.
Unless prohibited by law, Renter releases Dealer and Outdoorsy from any liability for consequential, special, and/or punitive damages in connection with the Rental. Renter shall hold harmless other client owners, Dealer, Outdoorsy and its authorized agents and employees from and against any and all loss, bodily injury, damages, and expenses, including legal expenses, of any kind arising from the Rental during Renter’s possession extending to such time the Rental is completed and cleared by Dealer, including without limitations, latent and other defects whether or not discoverable by Renter or Dealer. This indemnity shall continue in effect at all times despite the return of the Rental before or after expiration of the contract terms whether by formal request from Dealer or otherwise. It is agreed and understood that Dealer may control the defense of any such claim.
If you were referred to Outdoorsy through the website located at www.recreation.gov, you hereby acknowledge and agree that such referral was provided for your convenience only, and that neither the United States federal Government (including any agency, instrumentality, employee or contractor thereof) nor any third party engaged in the design, development, operation or support of such website (including any employee or contractor thereof): (i) are a party to any transaction between you and Outdoorsy; (ii) have any right, ability or obligation to control any aspect of Outdoorsy’s business operations, including the provision of products or services to you; and (iii) shall have any liability or obligation of any kind to you or any third party with respect to any loss, damage, injury, liability or expense that may be incurred in connection with any actual or prospective transaction or other interaction you may have with Outdoorsy.
This Agreement does not create any type of partnership between Renter and Dealer or Rental Owner. This Agreement may not be cancelled or modified except in writing signed by all parties.
RENTER FURTHER HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND FOREVER HOLD HARMLESS DEALER AND RENTAL OWNER FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER, AND BY WHOMEVER ASSERTED, ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY GROWING OUT OF THE OPERATION OR USE OF THE RENTAL UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREES, IN SUCH EVENT, TO PROVIDE A DEFENSE THEREFORE AS CHOSEN AND DIRECTED BY DEALER AND TO PAY ANY EXPENSES IN THE DEFENSE OF ANY SUCH CLAIM OR LAWSUIT THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF DEALER ANO/OR THE RENTAL OWNER.
RENTER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT AS PART OF THE CONSIDERATION OF DEALER RENTING THE VEHICLE TO RENTER, RENTER DOES HEREBY ASSIGN TO DEALER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION JUDGMENT OR SETTLEMENT AS THE RENTER MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEALER AND/OR THE RENTAL OWNER, TO SECURE SATISFACTION AND DISCHARGE OF ANY JUDGMENT OVER AND AGAINST DEALER AND/OR THE RENTAL OWNER FOR ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND/OR CLAIMS FOR INDEMNITY AND/OR CONTRIBUTION, STATUTORY, CONTRACTUAL OR OTHERWISE.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, please contact Outdoorsy Support via a support ticket.